Does anyone remember U2One.com?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

namkcuR

ONE love, blood, life
Does anybody remember U2One.com? It was a U2 site in the late 90s and the early part of this decade. It was pretty nice. If you don't remember it, or would just like to see it for some nostalgia, here's the "Internet Archive Wayback Machine" page for it(the result of searching it for u2one.com).

Internet Archive Wayback Machine

All results in 1999, 2000, and 2001 link to the site in question. All results later than that are empty sites that have nothing to do with U2, as far as I can see. Furthermore, from the July 7, 2000 entry onwards, the site looks exactly same for each entry, so it appears as though U2One.com was never updated after July 2000 again, yet was still "live" until July 2001(because it's archived, and it couldn't have been archived if it wasn't "there"). This internet archive isn't the be-all-end-all though...I mean it could be wrong and there could have been later updates, in 2000 or 2001 anyway, but I know the site was gone after that.

So, does anyone remember this site?

i've never heard of this site before. back in those days i used interference, atu2, and ummm...another website whose name i forget. while we're talking nostalgia though, i remember when the closest to u2.com we had was some page on msn (i think it was that) for the popmart tour :cute:

I remember it. One of the things I remember about it was participating in a favorite U2 song voting. They had the results of the top 100 U2 songs on that site for a long time. I believe One was number one, With or Without You number two and Bad number three. This was after Pop and before All That You Can't Leave Behind.

2001...that takes me back to the good old days of dial up!

"Mom, get off the phone...I want to play Nickelodeon games!"

I never got to ICQ, my brothers did though and I remember all the sounds of ICQ.

It's still around actually, I don't know anyone who uses it though lol

eta: got another one! 2001 - when Interference was purple, and it's logo was a martini glass! (man! I still remember when this site was black! wow that's going back! must have been 98'ish)

I remember it. One of the things I remember about it was participating in a favorite U2 song voting. They had the results of the top 100 U2 songs on that site for a long time. I believe One was number one, With or Without You number two and Bad number three. This was after Pop and before All That You Can't Leave Behind.

Yeah, Gone and Please were in the top 10 or so

Interference.com

interference.jpg

i miss my computer having vastly less hard drive space than my ipod...or my flash drive.

who else remembers midi files?
oh godddd, the computer that couldn't play mp3s had a 1 gb hard drive. i don't know how i survived! oh that's right, it couldn't play mp3s so i had no problems. :grumpy:

ick, i hated midi files.

Wow, nice. Out of curiosity, what other sites did you guys stumble upon when you first got online?

I got online back in 1997, as POPMART was in full swing. I remember checking setlists and digging up any awful quality audio I could find. Of course it took like 10 minutes to download 1 song via RealPlayer. I wouldn't even venture into the videos because they would literally take an hour to DL one song.

The good old days.

Off the top of my head, I remember u2station had some great mp3's. Also something called Pop Lemon or something.

Ahh, can't forget that before u2 had a website, they used MSN or something. Foggy memory right now.

Ahh! Also, somebody actually transcribed entire bootlegs! I remember reading transcripts from the vegas POPMART show. It would list the attendance and venue, along with any famous faces in the crowd. I remember it said Samuel L. Jackson, Robert DeNiro, and "Unfunny comedian Carrot Top"

Awesome

Back
Top Bottom