does anyone remember this?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Swan269

Rock n' Roll Doggie
In 1996, Jamaican authorities opened fire on Jimmy Buffett's
seaplane, mistaking it for a drug trafficker's plane. U2 singer
Bono was with Buffett, but neither one was hurt.

^
I just read this off the wires....it happened on this day in 1996. My memory really really sux.

I don't remember this... and Bono probably doesn't either if he was on a seaplane in Jamaica. Then again, we west-Coast Canadians still claim that BC-bud beats Jamaican ganja.

Yeah Bono had his family (wife and kids) with him and they were shot at. I remember the interview and him saying it was very scary. They left the country immediately I think. There's an interview or something somewhere around here about this, but I can't remember where, maybe it was in one of the U2 or Bono books.

Yeah Bono had his family (wife and kids) with him and they were shot at. I remember the interview and him saying it was very scary. They left the country immediately I think. There's an interview or something somewhere around here about this, but I can't remember where, maybe it was in one of the U2 or Bono books.

I think it may have been in Conversations with Michka Assayas. The part where he talks about his travels(disaster groupie iirc?). I remember reading about it. :hmm:

Back
Top Bottom