Does anyone remember that old, old, old thread....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

david

ONE love, blood, life
I am trying my best to search the forum archives for it but I cannot find it.

Anyway, it was an old thread about a song someone had recorded off the radio that sounded like, A LOT, like late 80's U2 especially the vocals by the singer. I don't think we ever found out who that band was anyway, so I wanted to take another shot at it..

But as I said, I can't find the thread anyway.

Seriously, I think it was originally from 02 or 03.

I only posted here because it is, well, sort of U2 related. But the thread can be moved if necessary.

No clue David.

The only thing i remember from 02 or 03 was professing my love for sheep, and a lot of people were like :ohmy: and :huh:

I know it sounds bad, and there's a few haters, but the truth is there are some very closeted Sheppard's in here.

That is all.

This seems like a good place..

Back in 2000 before ATYCLB came out there was a leak on Napster.. The songs were all fake, but this is one of the songs that was leaked and touted as being Stuck in a Moment.. I could never find out who sung this song..Throwing the lyrics into google doesn't help. Some people say it sounds like Peter Gabriel but I could never find the song. Oh and I only have the first 2 mins of the song.

Maybe you guys might know...

http://www.me g a upload.com/?d=67BTW9BP

There we go. Seems the links are dead. I like the one recommendation in the second attempt thread of using the Shazam app. Huh.

I think the recording sounds very amateurish. Maybe a local band who were buddies with the DJ?

"The sound gets drownded out"? C'mon. :doh:

Is there any audio from this? I would like to go insane for an hour or so trying to figure it out.

This seems like a good place..

Back in 2000 before ATYCLB came out there was a leak on Napster.. The songs were all fake, but this is one of the songs that was leaked and touted as being Stuck in a Moment.. I could never find out who sung this song..Throwing the lyrics into google doesn't help. Some people say it sounds like Peter Gabriel but I could never find the song. Oh and I only have the first 2 mins of the song.

Maybe you guys might know...

http://www.me g a upload.com/?d=67BTW9BP

Tried to Soundhound yours but: There were no close matches

Shazaam says the same. Probably some band that was trying to release their own material and fuck people over.

Does anyone have a reupload of the links? Seems like this would be worth a listen...

i remember that thread. didn;t we conclude it was BVS doing the singing? :reject::D:applaud:

What the what? How did I get brought into this?

ROFLMAO.jpg

I do remember the song from various threads but couldn't find it on youtube.

NOBODY seems to able to give any clue and some serious music fans have racked their brains.

I thought it was a bit Simple Minds ish. I also remember the vocals/lyrics having some produciton flaws indicating it was perhaps a live recording and not a polished studio cut.

I live in vancouver and was a radio listening teen at the time and also asked some radio affiliated people. No clues.

Back
Top Bottom