Does anybody love Stay (Faraway, So Close!) like I do?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

theedgeu2

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
Secretly listening to a U2 record that's beyond th
I am in love with this song! It just is so beautiful. Especially the Live from Boston version from Elevation Tour.:drool: I just need to spit it out. I've had this song stuck in my head ever since Thursday. It's on constant play on my iPod. Anybody else think this is U2's best song?

YouTube - u2 Stay (Faraway So Close), Live from Boston

Best Version Ever!

Yes, it's one of my top 10 songs also and I absolutely love it as well. :cute:

Have you closely heard The Unforgettable Fire, Neon Lights, and Beach Sequence? These are very similar and relaxing.

I would say that most of the forum does. Personally, it's my third favorite U2 song, and love every version of it, though studio is definitely the most haunting and awesome.

:love: I love this song a whole lot. The studio version and electric live versions that is.

Acoustic Stay? :no: What a waste of a great song.

I don't love it as much as a lot of people here. It's not in my top 10. But I still really like it. :up:

yes, I agree with TheEdgeU2. It's one of their truly great compositions -- the lyrics are particularly touching and well written. I also agree that the Boston acoustic version is sublime, as is the studio original. Come to think of it, the Dublin '93 one is amazing too. Damn, they're all good.

Another thing about this song I like is that it's so restrained, which is very un-U2. With such a strong melody and those high-notes-in-the-choruses, I presume it would have been easy for them to turn this song into another epic anthem to raise the rooftops, but instead they kept it low-key.

yes, I agree with TheEdgeU2. It's one of their truly great compositions -- the lyrics are particularly touching and well written. I also agree that the Boston acoustic version is sublime, as is the studio original. Come to think of it, the Dublin '93 one is amazing too. Damn, they're all good.

Another thing about this song I like is that it's so restrained, which is very un-U2. With such a strong melody and those high-notes-in-the-choruses, I presume it would have been easy for them to turn this song into another epic anthem to raise the rooftops, but instead they kept it low-key.

I agree with all of this. One of u2's greatest songs, one of their top 10, very restrained, one of Bono's finest vocals. It's possibly their best video too.
Shame they don't do it full band live as the usual live version is boring.

Yeah, I'm not a big fan of the Bono & Edge acoustic version. I'm glad I got to hear it in Chicago, as that was the first time I've heard it live, but I'd love it if they played it full band again, even in acoustic form.

Yep, the full band version was only done on the Zooropa and Zoomerang legs of ZooTV.

I really wish they had done a full band electric version, though. Edge's guitar tone on the album is sublime.

my favorite U2 song, and their best video.

such effortless world-weary ache, a ballad only U2 could write, and i wish they'd write more of these.

<--- See username.

I fell head-over-heels in love with this song the very first time I heard it, which was on the ZooTV Sydney video many years ago. It has one of the simplest melodies and arrangements I've ever heard, yet it's so stirring and almost painfully beautiful.

The song that saves Zooropa.

One of their best.

I had tears when they started playing Stay in Berlin this July. I love the accoustic version, especially when Bono is in fine form.

I deeply adore this song, there are no words. Lyrically, it's amazing, vocally, it's superb. I'll admit there have been occasions when I felt somewhat teary-eyed while listening to the song.

The music video is probably one of the most beautiful I have ever seen. :up:

:love: I love this song a whole lot. The studio version and electric live versions that is.

Acoustic Stay? :no: What a waste of a great song.

couldn't have put it any better! i mean the acoustic version is nice enough on its own, but compared to the full band electric version......yes, what a terrible, terrible waste! :down:

Back
Top Bottom