Do You Think U2 Will Release Everything?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have no doubt we'll get some kind of box set...

One disc(or whatever format) of remixes.

One of alternate versions.

One of stuff we've never heard.

etc...

Or REALLY Unreleased And Rare. It can be two discs' worth of music this time, but you can only access it by purchasing The More Complete U2, now featuring NLOTH.

well what they should do they do then? soa,rick rubin,spiderman thing etc. i proly don't wanna hear a seeger sessions like album but it would be great if they did something out oif left field. that no one saw coming

I'm confused, why are you bringing this up in a boxset discussion? We're talking about back catalog stuff and you're talking about cover albums...:huh:

truthfully i got caught up in the idea of releasing albums i forgot for a sec that its old unreleased stuff we are talking about. so, not really. i want a new album.

They can't release everything but I do think a very large boxset will be released at some point. For the most part the vaults will be emptied. I think it would be a mix of:

*Unreleased tracks that were in contention for an album or b-side spot
*Early tracks that were cannibalized like Take You Down
*Studio and Soundcheck jams
*Alternate versions

Would love for this to happen!!! I have been happy so far with the material that has been released with the remastered albums. This would be the icing on the cake!!! :applaud:

truthfully i got caught up in the idea of releasing albums i forgot for a sec that its old unreleased stuff we are talking about. so, not really. i want a new album.

:up: Strongly agree with you! Would love to see new material released prior to the summer tour!!! (I know...it is wishful thinking!!!):sexywink:

one does everyone always talk about this "vault", like there's a huge safe-locked vault at u2hq with every second of recording they've ever done.

no chance in hell, and what would be the point? no one would buy it, and McGuine$$ would never allow it.

i don't think they'd even get away with an Anthology type thing, like the Beatles did.

The fact that they kept Drunk Chicken and actually released it should confirm that they both have a "vault" and would release material from it. :wink:

Also, a studio version of She's A Mystery To Me.

There IS a studio version of "She's a Mystery To Me" and it's on Roy Orbison's "Mystery Girl" album.

Mystery Girl - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It would be great to have a quality released version of "Wild Irish Rose" & "Mercy" amongst other.

But I think, for them, that was what "Unreleased and Rare" and "Medium Rare and Remastered" were... releasing that material to the fans that would want it - fan club members and those that bought the iTunes Complete U2.

They might have done that as it might not be viable to have a commercial release of those items on CD in a store.

Plus they might not want certain things released... some songs that might not fell are up to scratch, even for us fans that want everything.

U2 have really protected us from true demos. Other than Desert for Your Love and Rise Up, most of their released demo recordings (Levitate, Where Did it All Go Wrong, Big Girls Are Best etc) have all been quite polished.

And they've kept in their lockers a bunch of songs we know exist: Mercy, Be There, Womanfish, Wild Irish Rose, Wanderer w/Bono, Mystery Girl w/Bono, other Clockwork Orange tracks etc. The fact that these have not been used as b-sides, remaster fillers or fan club releases is strange. But sadly it leads me to think we'll never hear them.

I'm not interested in seeing the quite raw Hansa recordings released, but they developed at least three of those tracks further when they got home to Dublin (Salome, Where Did it All Go Wrong & Lady With the Spinning Head) and decided not to put them on the album. I wonder how many other tracks (maybe Wake Up Dead Man, Woman/Sick for Love etc) developed further before being discarded (or reinvented). Now those would be interesting to hear.

I'm sure U2 could easily fill 4 or more CDs of demos & rarities, but I won't be holding my breath.

something similar to springsteen's tracks would be nice. however...maybe the band doesn't have that many quality songs sitting around collecting dust. or, maybe larry would veto the idea altogether and we would get a box set of remixes:huh:

I don't necessarily see them releasing everything in the future. But maybe at some point in the future, they could eventually release a few more live shows and some unreleased demos if they think they're worth putting out there. Either way, I don't think they'd put out something unless they felt it was up to par, so to speak (or polished up, as Chocky put it). Odds of us seeing any songs released as advanced as the Achtung Baby demos bootleg, for example, probably wouldn't happen I think.

Back
Top Bottom