Do you think the band work Bono hard?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Oh, God. Now you've got me thinking about it... and it kinda turns me on. Mmmm... Hard Bono. Talk about elevation!

Seriously, though. If Bono is working too hard, and I haven't heard the new album, but I don't think it shows. Perhaps he's working too hard to come up with perfect ways to dumb things down and sell records, but, ever since "a singing bird in an open cage who will only fly for freedom", I've had my doubts.

"Fast Cars" has been one of the few songs that has had good lyrics. Ditto Stuck in a Moment.

just wondering...why haven't you heard it yet? Do you have it but you're choosing not to or what? I don't understand why you keep prefacing your comments with "I haven't heard the album......" - just listen to it dude! It's good!

Anyway, my point is do you think the band have pushed Bono on the last 3 albums? I'm just wondering because there was a fear at one point which Bono said he was scared of being kicked out of the band. Was it because of his charity work, or his voice? or perhaps both? It just seems to me that sometimes the band push Bono to try harder than what he gives, not sure if it's because it isn't already good enough or...

So anyway, I'd like to hear you opinions.

Bono should stop talking this BS about being kicked out which is just idiotic and ridicoulous thing to say. Even more ridicoulous as the "for letting me be in their band"-remark which is such a fake humbleness it is annoying. Bono isnt humble. He is an arrogant, selfconscious bastard with a big mouth and a great voice and a even bigger heart and God bless him but humble, hell no :wink:

Can you imagine the headlines screaming by the way:

BONO kicked out of U2!!!

Chance of that happening-0.348%

There is a better chance that the Beatles are comming back together in original line-up

just wondering...why haven't you heard it yet? Do you have it but you're choosing not to or what? I don't understand why you keep prefacing your comments with "I haven't heard the album......" - just listen to it dude! It's good!
I hope so. Basically, I've got one more paper to do for late this or early next week, and I don't want to get distracted. My fear is I'll want to keep listening to the album or might get all obsessed with criticizing it and get depressed about it. My sense is that I'll be at least somewhat happy with it. I also want something to cheer me up and am holding this out as a goal for myself -- a little reward.

Thanks for asking.

I hope so. Basically, I've got one more paper to do for late this or early next week, and I don't want to get distracted. My fear is I'll want to keep listening to the album or might get all obsessed with criticizing it and get depressed about it. My sense is that I'll be at least somewhat happy with it. I also want something to cheer me up and am holding this out as a goal for myself -- a little reward.

Thanks for asking.

I teased you about this too - and you deserve it. You write here criticizing U2 (and you have), but you won't listen to the CD because you're afraid of being distracted? :confused: Sounds like you're already distracted! :wave:

But if it helps you decide... Last Sunday I had tons of work to do. To *my* ears, NLOTH blends really well with TUF. I love TUF. So I put both CD's in my seldom used CD player (iPods are great) and put it on random. I worked for hours with the two CD's intertwining - and it was great. I was productive and enjoyed great music in the background. I wasn't distracted.

So perhaps this can work for you.

Thanks for asking.

I don't understand this. How come you're unconcerned about being distracted through visiting this forum?? Surely if you calibrated all the time you spent posting here when you should have been working it might have equated to enough time to listen to the album. Just a thought...

I honestly think Bono is the one doing most of the pushing. Larry always seems reluctant to proceed with anything, Adam really is along for the ride, and Edge seems to just want to take his time. I think if it were up to Bono they would have more albums out with more songs on them.

Heh, really? Hmm. But would each of those albums be any decent though? :wink:

perhaps if bono didnt have to write all the lyrics things would be different. but, who else is going to come up with some words that can be made into a song.

Back
Top Bottom