Do you recall...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Danny Boy

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
Harvard Supermodel Activist of the Decade Runner-U
...when and where you purchased each album? Here’s what I remember…

Boy, October, War – Pretty sure I bought these in early 1988 at a mall shop called Tape World. I bought them all on CD and recorded them onto cassette to play in the car. I had listened to JT about 1000 times by this point and was catching up with the back catalog.

UABRS – Also early 1988. I specifically remember buying this at Walmart because in my excitement I backed into a pole in the parking lot. No damage.

TUF – I don’t recall exactly when I first bought this. I originally owned this on cassette and then upgraded to CD. I got my first CD player for Christmas in 1987 and repurchased several of my favorite albums.

JT – Also originally bought this on cassette shortly after it was released. Upgraded to CD Christmas 1987.

Rattle And Hum – First U2 album I bought on day of release. Got a free movie poster with the CD. I think I went to the mall after school as this would also be the first U2 album released after I got my drivers license.

AB – Purchased on day of release at Sound Warehouse. Originally got the digipack, then went back a week later to get one in a jewel case. Looked better on the shelf with my other CDs. :reject:

Zooropa – I remember buying this at a mall shop and that it kind of took me by surprise. I think I had a vague idea that a new LP was coming out but didn’t know the exact date. I can’t recall if I was there looking for this particular CD or something else. Listened to it all summer.

Passengers – I actually have no memory of buying this. I assume I bought it at Sound Warehouse because there was one across the street from my apartment when it was released. I do recall transferring it to minidisc and listening on repeat on a road trip.

Pop – Pretty sure I pre-ordered this from a mall shop. My work was right next to a mall at the time.

ATYCLB – First time an entire album had leaked prior to release, so I was probably on about 25 listens before the CD came out. Even still, I stood in line outside Best Buy on release day with a bunch of Jay-Z fans to get the bonus disc version.

HTDAAB – Initially leaked onto a listserv. I pre-ordered the super deluxe version through an online retailer and downloaded from iTunes as part of The Complete U2. Ended up breaking down and impulse buying the 2-disc version at Walmart because I couldn’t wait to get my hands on the bonus DVD. VERTIBANJO! :D

NLOTH – For some odd reason, I initially downloaded this from Universal Music Australia. :wink: I downloaded the album from iTunes to get the (disappointing) bonus tracks and then cut out of work for an hour on release day to go to Best Buy and pick up the box set. Also got a single disc version for the CD rack.

In order of acquisition:

TUF: friend gave it to me in 7th grade

JT: stole the tape from my older brother

AB: ooh - I don't remember...

Zooropa: Tower Records in San Francisco at Stonestown. One of the first CDs I actually bought

ATYCLB: Mr.Z bought it the day it came out and had it on when I got home from work. We sat in the living room and listened to the whole thing.

Boy, War, Best ofs, Wide Awake in America: Purchased used at a locally owned record shop

HTDAAB: a student of mine had a friend who worked at a radio station and he swiped a copy of it the day before it came out and gave it to me

RnH and UABRS: purchased at a used book store on vinyl (RnH also on CD)

NLOTH: left work at lunch to get it at a locally owed record shop. Put it on the big sound system in the theatre and sat right in the middle of the theatre, listened to the whole thing.

I still don't own a physical copy of October.

Just a few memorable ones:

Boy - Licorice Pizza record store a few blocks from the beach in San Diego, CA the week it was released. 1981 I think? Had no clue who U2 were but bought it just to check out a random new artist.

ATYCLB - A tiny used record store in a tiny roadside town somewhere in Oregon. I have no clue what city I was in.

NLOTH - At Starbucks! While getting my coffee the morning of it's official release. :)

Yep I do remember. I'm just doing the physical CDs instead of digital. I've had digital versions forever. I got most of mine off eBay though, and especially for the Remasters so far since none of the stores around here (they're all extremely lame) don't sell the Deluxe Remasters or the Remasters at all. I'd kind of like to post when they were bought as a personal reminder of when exactly I got them. Silly, I know. :tongue:

Boy (Deluxe Remaster) - eBay. In September (2010)
October (Deluxe Remaster) - eBay. In November (2010)
War (Deluxe Remaster) - eBay. In November (2010)
The Unforgettable Fire (Deluxe Remaster) - CD shop. Got lucky with this remaster and found it in a CD shop in the mall back in July last year. July (2010)
The Joshua Tree (Deluxe Remaster) - eBay. February (2011)
Rattle and Hum - CD shop. Same CD shop as TUF. December (2010)
Achtung Baby - CD shop. Same as TUF. December (2010)
Zooropa - eBay. This is the most difficult CD in U2s discography for me to find. I can't find it anywhere! I even saw Pop somewhere before. December/January (2010/2011)
Pop - eBay. I didn't buy in the Barnes and Noble I saw it in and eventually decided to get it last year. August (2010)
All That You Can't Leave Behind - CD shop. August (2010)
How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb - I got my first copy as a Christmas present in 2004 and my second copy off eBay in December. 1st copy- December (2004), 2nd copy- December (2010)
No Line On the Horizon - eBay. August or September (2010)

So yeah I haven't bought any of their CDs in any place special. Mostly off eBay as the shops around here don't carry a lot of U2 CDs. They usually only have ATYCLB, NLOTH, sometimes they have HTDAAB, and Achtung Baby. Maybe toss War in there as well. It's pathetic. They have always have both Best Ofs in there. I need to go to someplace better.

I don't remember all of them ...

The Unforgettable Fire - my cousin got me the cassette tape for Christmas. It must have been 1985 or 1986?

The Joshua Tree - I believe I ordered it through either the BMG or Columbia Music Club. :wink:

Rattle and Hum - I was home sick on a Friday morning, the day mom did the grocery shopping. I gave her my allowance money and asked if she could stop by Shopko and pick up the tape for me. I don't remember if it was the week it came out or not, but it wasn't much later than that.

(I picked up Boy, October and War somewhere in there - maybe after Rattle and Hum, maybe before, totally don't remember.)

Achtung Baby - freshman year of college. The day it came out, I walked down to the local record shop and bought the CD. Went straight home and put my headphones on to listen to it in my dorm room.

Zooropa - I couldn't buy this the day it came out, because my college roommate had won a copy in a radio station contest in her home town, and she was going to send it to me for my birthday. So I had to wait for her to mail it to me. :lol:

Pop - I think I bought this at midnight on its release date.

All That You Can't Leave Behind - There were a handful of U2 fans in the office where I worked, and one of the guys was going to make a lunch-time run to Tower Records to pick up a copy. I gave him money for a copy, and one of the senior consultants did the same. It was a shared U2 moment. :wink:

How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb - I'd managed to avoid only hearing bits and pieces of the album (other than Vertigo), and could barely stand to sit through work that day. Rushed home to buy the deluxe edition I'd reserved at one of the local music shops. Went home, blasted it a few times in a row.

No Line On the Horizon - I got smarter this time and took a vacation day the day it came out. :lol: I was hemming and hawing about going to buy it at midnight (there's one local store that just stays open until midnight on Mondays for the Tuesday releases). Decided not to.

Got up Tuesday and was going to do some research to find the store that opened earliest. But coffee first! Went to Starbucks at 7 in the morning ... lo and behold, I could buy it there! Rushed home, grabbed my best headphones, and listened.

sure do.

first i owned copies of achtung baby and zooropa on tape. achtung baby i probably bought (in 1991 or 1992, can't remember) at peaches, a chain in the southeast (not sure if they're still around though). no idea where zooropa was bought (in august 1993) since it was a gift for me.

when i really got into them and bought everything on cd, i believe i got everything from boy through zooropa from bmg back in 199...6 or 7, can't remember which. though i want to say i bought uf at a physical store, in which case it would've been at a sam goody (would've been the same timeframe) that closed aaaages ago.

passengers i bought from cdnow in 1998 because i could never find it in stores.

both pop and atyclb (still remember buying this the day it came out after i got out of school, also got every cd thereafter the day of release) were bought at a local music chain (cats music) near my house which has since closed.

best of 80-90 i bought at an fye at the mall near my house. i probably got the 90-00 one there too.

htdaab was bought at a tower records store downtown which, you guessed it, is now closed. :lol:

u218 and nloth were bought off amazon. i also got an imported version of boy off here so i could have the other cover. :lol: all the remastered stuff has come from amazon as well.

Got up Tuesday and was going to do some research to find the store that opened earliest. But coffee first! Went to Starbucks at 7 in the morning ... lo and behold, I could buy it there! Rushed home, grabbed my best headphones, and listened.

:D That's exactly what I did. I left extra early to buy it at Best Buy on my way to work, but I stopped at Starbucks first, and there was NLOTH sitting right there at the counter. Bought it with my coffee. :up: :love: Starbucks FTW. :wink:

ATYCLB - October 13, 2001 from Wal-Mart. It was the last one. Also, we saw the movie Corky Romano that night (meh). It was drizzling rain.

Zooropa - Early November (5th?) 2001 for $17.99 from an overpriced store because I couldn't find it anywhere else. I also bought a new coat and it was really foggy that night.

JT and Best of 1980-1990 - Christmas 2001.

7 (Target CD) - January 2002. I also got a striped shirt.

Pop - February 2002.

Achtung Baby - June 2002. Listened to it on a trip to the Grand Canyon while driving in the dark through the Kaibab National Forest.

Other Best Of - Bought the day it came out.

Rattle and Hum - Christmas 2002. First listened to it in August because I borrowed it from someone, so I associate it with summer rather than Christmas.

Boy, October, War - Bought in high school at separate times. Not memorable.

TUF - Christmas… 2003?

HTDAAB - November 23, 2004. First new album experience. Bought regular and deluxe versions. Some friends came over that night because it was Thanksgiving break. We ate cheese dip and watched movies and I listened to HTDAAB after everyone else fell asleep. It was rainy and then snowed overnight.

U218 - Bought the day it came out on the way home from school.

Passengers - Christmas 2007 (I think).

NLOTH - March 3, 2009. It was rainy again (see above). Was in college. Went to Target and bought NLOTH and a box of frozen corn dogs. Both were delicious.

I think I still have all the receipts for my U2 albums. I saved the first one for some reason and just kept saving all of them that I bought myself. I accept the possibility that I am eccentric. :wink:

Oh, I forgot all the compilations...

Best of 80-90 - I bought this at Wherehouse, but several weeks after release. I remember seeing posters promoting it all over LA when I was visiting, but didn't know about the b-sides disc until I saw it in the store.

Best of 90-00 - I think Target. I know I grabbed this after work on day of release because I wanted to make sure I got the bonus DVD.

U218 - Stopped by Best Buy after work to get the super deluxe version. A friend also sent me a limited edition UK version with a slipcase, which is nice because I Will Follow is on there.

And for what it's worth...

U2 7 - Target (obviously) day of release.
WAIA - Don't remember. Probably the mall.
WAIE - Stood outside Silver Platters for an hour waiting for them to open.

For my 16th birthday, my sister got me all the albums on CD from Boy through to POP (including Under a Blood Red Sky and Wide Awake In America). Pretty damn cool present.

Let's see....

I can't for the life of me remember which I received first, ATYCLB or Best of 1980-90, but they were early in 2001, I know that.

Then Achtung Baby came sometime in late 2001 or early 2002, I know I had it in 8th grade because I listened to it incessantly while working on our school play.

I can't quite recall which came next, but I do believe it was War, and then I know I received Best of 1990-2000 for Christmas of 2002? Whenever it was that it came out.

After that, I think there was a bit of a dry spell where I didn't get anything else, then of course, I went out at midnight to buy How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb, which I ran home and listened to asap afterwards, even though it was a school night. That was an incredibly special time for me.

Somewhere in that time period, Axver guilt tripped me for voting on Zooropa songs in the best non-single survivor without having heard the album, so I purchased my first album ever off of iTunes (since then I've only bought one other album off of there. I hate iTunes...sooo...much).

December of 2005 (after the Cleveland show) my mom bought me Pop from the FYE in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.

For Christmas that year I received The Unforgettable Fire from a friend at school (and my life was never the same ;)).

Whenever the remaster of The Joshua Tree came out (2007 or 2008?) I received that for Christmas

I bought October on cassette in 2008 for my car stereo, and also bought Under a Blood Red Sky at the same time.

The day it came out, I bought the deluxe edition of NLOTH

and though Travis owns it, so technically I do as well, I'm pretty sure I still don't own Boy.

ATYCLB- got as a present on my 14th birthday, my 1st U2 album
JT and TUF- bought at Best Buy the summer of 2002, as my 2nd and 3rd U2 albums
Best Of 1990-2000- the day it came out, bought at Best Buy, my 4th U2 album
HTDAAB- at Best Buy, the day it came out
NLOTH- at Wal-Mart, the day it came out
U218- at Wal-Mart, the day it came out
U2 7- at Target, obviously

All the rest I got for various Christmas or birthday gifts, I would say between 2002-2005.

The most recent one I bought was last summer, when I was at Best Buy and happened to spot Boy with the Rowan cover, so I bought it, even though I already had the alternate version. I just couldn't pass it up, though.

Chronologically:

The first album I bought was JT, I think, but this was a few years after release. I'm pretty sure I got both it and Rattle & Hum at Rolling Stone Records in Chicago.

I bought Achtung Baby at a Sound Warehouse in the Chicago suburbs (Mount Prospect or Arlington Heights, maybe?) that was having a midnight sale. When Zooropa came out, I got it from the same location, and radio station WXRT was broadcasting the record release party that night from the store.

The Unforgettable Fire I bought the same night as The Beatles' White Album, from the Tower Records in downtown Chicago.

I'm not 100% sure about Boy, War, & October, but I'm pretty sure I got them all from Rolling Stone, which had a big wall of $9.99 CDs that would feature rotating catalog titles.

Pop I got in a midnight sale at Tower Records in Boston.

Passengers I got from Hastings in Albuquerque, NM, where I was working at the time.

ATYCLB I got from the Tower Records in Newport Beach, CA. Another midnight sale.

HTDAAB I did not get at midnight, as I already had been listening to the leak for a week or so. Picked up the deluxe edition the day it came out, from Best Buy in Glendale, if I'm not mistaken.

NLOTH I had ordered that super-discounted deluxe box from Amazon UK, but I couldn't wait for it to arrive, so I bought one at the same Best Buy and then sneakily exchanged my unopened UK one when it finally showed up. Which was kind of shady because the DVD probably wouldn't play in any U.S. players. :shifty:

Ah, forgot Rattle and Hum and Passengers. I bought them both at the same time I got October and Under a Blood Red Sky. Rattle and hum also on cassette, Passengers on CD.

Which also jogged my memory, I did in fact buy Boy from the same record store, but I don't remember when, and I'm not even positive where it's at now.

cool idea for a thread :up:

Hutdab was a Christmas present in 2004 (and in a lot of ways, it's turned out to be the best Christmas present I've ever received). Fell head over heels in love with COBL.

Next was Atty Club, which I bought from Target, along with about four other albums, one of which was Evermore's debut album.

Then I got the 80s best of, from Kmart I'm pretty sure, and loved it. That's about the time I joined the forum, June 05 (my username was meant to reflect the year I joined. Either 04 is a typo or I was not well in the head that day).

Then I started making threads in EYKIW asking what I should get next. Most pointed to JT, and so I went to JBHiFi, I'm pretty sure, and bought JT and also War. I listened to JT that day, it was my Dad's surprise birthday. I liked how Streets had a longer intro on the album but disliked how the three songs I'd already heard were tracks #1, #2 and #3. I fell deeply in love with RTSS, I listened to it about five times in a row that day, and I also loved In God's Country. War I listened to later in the week, before I went to Scouts. I loved Like a Song... and in particular Drowning Man.

Next up I'm pretty damn sure was AB. Yes, it must have been. No, upon reviewing my old posts, I got it before JT and War! I bought it from JBHiFi and was savaged because I didn't really like it apart from Wild Horses and Ultraviolet. Funny, because now it's close to my favourite album ever. I bought it on a rainy winter's day and listened to nothing but it for two weeks.

TUF and October I bought from Jeff's Shed, an exhibition building in Melbourne that has sales on all sorts of shit. I bought it a week or so before Christmas and Dad told me to play them in the car on the way home, but I refused, as I wanted to listen to it all by myself first time around. It was the day of the cricket christmas break up party.

Rattle and Hum I got as a present for having an operation on my jaw, and the movie I got a bit later I think. I watched it when my parents were out and I was home alone. UABRS was around this time too. Boy was next I think, I got that from JBHiFi and loved it. Zooropa was JB as well, listened to it after getting back from watching mates play footy finals. Passengers I bought for $4 from Cash Converters, and Pop, the last album I got, I listened to at Bathurst. NLOTH I got the day of its release and I was late to cricket cos I wanted to listen to it all.

Achtung Baby - freshman year of college. The day it came out, I walked down to the local record shop and bought the CD. Went straight home and put my headphones on to listen to it in my dorm room.

what did you think of it after that listen?

My first U2 album was actually War...got it in February '83. TUF I got around release, but I don't think day of release. I'm not 100% sure but I think I DID get The Joshua Tree the day of release. Rattle & Hum I'm sure I got the week of release, if not day of. I'm pretty sure I got all of these at Tower Records. Boy, October, UABRS and WAIA I got along the way but don't remember exactly where or when.

First one I really remember details about buying was Achtung Baby, I was living temporarily in Washington DC at the time and bought it at the mall in Pentagon City, it was on a Saturday, so not on the day of release, but that weekend.

If I didn't buy JT on the day of release, then Zooropa was actually my first day-of-release buy, I nipped out from work in Queens at lunchtime and got it the neighborhood CD store.

I'm sure I got Passengers OST the day of release, but can't remember the circumstances.

Can't remember all the circumstances with Pop, by this time I know I got it the day of release, but not much else...I think I vaguely remember getting this first thing in the morning at Tower in Greenwich Village, which would indicate I may have taken the day off. :D

I actually got All That You Can't Leave Behind the Friday night before release, I found a record store in Greenwich Village specializing in UK imports - while they won't sell the domestic release until the official date, they exercised a loophole and WOULD sell the UK import early... :D I then bought the US release on the official date at Tower.

I did the same with How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb, got the basic import release the Thursday before street date - I brought it with me for kicks to the Brooklyn Bridge show, which was the day before official US release, people were envious I had it already. :wink: On the official day of release I bought the super deluxe edition with book, etc., I think it was at Best Buy in the Village.

No Line on the Horizon leaked in its entirety three weeks before release, so I felt no pressure to get it early this time. Also I was recovering from a pulmonary embolism that had me in the hospital for the week right before the leak, and my leg was pretty stiff and hard at the time, so I had a lot of trouble getting around, especially stairs, so I couldn't use the subway yet. I'd just gone back to work but working at home a couple of days a week. Release day was a "work at home" day, but I mentioned I had a Dr.'s appointment that day...a small fib. :) I hobbled to the express bus in front of my building and got out at the stop in front of the 23rd St. Best Buy at about noon. I WAS just going to get the super deluxe box set and go straight home, but I saw on my phone that they were naming 53rd St. U2 Way at around 2PM, so I hailed a taxi to Broadway, hobbled a block to the side of the Ed Sullivan Theater and saw the boys at the street naming. :D

U2 7 - I went back to my old neighborhood in Queens the morning of release and picked it up at Target.

Best Ofs, U218 - I picked these up after work on the day of release at Best Buy.

Wide Awake in Europe - got it at J&Rs in lower Manhattan, was on line at 7:45 for an 8:30 opening on Black Friday. :)

from what I can remembere

To the best of my knowledge, I've picked up every album at Best Buy at some point over the past ten years (except October, which I got at another store for less than $5 at the time!). HTDAAB and NLOTH were both picked up the day it was released.

right not totally sure on each, I mean exact days and stuff....but me thinks, me got a Joshua Tree cassette prob after a few of their singles were released from it, so yea 87.

Achtung, I got for someone as a b'day prezzie, on cassette, they only liked the one song on it, so I kept it.

PoP, I remember buying in Virgin Megastores, when the stores back then were awesome and still had some cassettes knockin around and headphone stands to listen to new albums out. there was double excitement, for me :D, when on the night PoP concert came here, I was in Virgin and they had U2 playing, and the newspaper was headline about them comin with photos of Bono kissin the ground, and I could hear people talking about going to the gig, actually think some were in Virgin still getting tickets.

Elevation think I bought in Tescos store. :reject:

there are just a few of their albums I dont have yet. the rest like the Wide Awake in America and Rattle and Hum, October, Boy, etc - half were bought at place called Grahams Music which is closed now, and prob others in HMV.

not sure if I got anything from Our Price when it was open.

I miss those stores, they hold some nostalgic moments for me thinkin about them, now they are closed :(

No Line on the Horizon leaked in its entirety three weeks before release, so I felt no pressure to get it early this time. Also I was recovering from a pulmonary embolism that had me in the hospital for the week right before the leak, and my leg was pretty stiff and hard at the time, so I had a lot of trouble getting around, especially stairs, so I couldn't use the subway yet. I'd just gone back to work but working at home a couple of days a week. Release day was a "work at home" day, but I mentioned I had a Dr.'s appointment that day...a small fib. :) I hobbled to the express bus in front of my building and got out at the stop in front of the 23rd St. Best Buy at about noon. I WAS just going to get the super deluxe box set and go straight home, but I saw on my phone that they were naming 53rd St. U2 Way at around 2PM, so I hailed a taxi to Broadway, hobbled a block to the side of the Ed Sullivan Theater and saw the boys at the street naming. :D

You definitely win the Trooper award. That's amazing.

:hmm: Let me see if I can think back that far...
In order of release:

Boy: I got this one as a Christmas present in 1992. It was the last album I still needed of them to have everything they released up to then. The music wasn't new for me though, as I had lended a copy from the library in late 1991 and taped it.

October: Bought this one in Germany in February/March 1992. In those years we (family + some friends of my parents) would go to Germany for a few days during Carnival and during that short holiday we made a day trip to a city nearby (it could've been Freiburg, but I'm not sure). Bought October in a department store (together with a bootleg of their Boston 1981 concert in the Paradise club).

War, Under A Blood Red Sky, The Unforgettable Fire, The Joshua Tree: Bought them in spring 1992, probably in the same shop I always bought my CDs (Videoland, originally a video rental store). And probably also in that order. I can still remember the situation for The Joshua Tree; was in the car with my mother (maybe also my sister), had a quick stop at the shopping mall, I went to that store while my mother and sister went somewhere else and I quickly got back with the new CD: The Joshua Tree!

Rattle And Hum: This was my first U2 CD. I bought it in September (maybe October) 1991, a few weeks before The Fly was released. It is the album with which my fandom started. So it has some sentimental value.

Achtung Baby: Bought this one in December 1991. I did not get it as a gift for St. Nicholas (the other big give-a-present feast in the Netherlands in December, a few weeks before Christmas), so I bought it myself a little while later.

Zooropa: Bought it on the day (or in the week) of release in a department store (V&D) in Hilversum. I remember my first listen of that album being interupted a few times by people walking into my room. :gumpy:

Passengers: Bought it on the day of release in an independent music store in Maastricht. I was in university by then and went to the shop the moment they were opening up.

Pop: Bought it on the day of release in an independent music store ('t Oor) in Hilversum. That was a great day for music, as I also got the terrific boxset Tougher Than Tough: The Story Of Jamaican Music for relatively cheap, plus 2 singles by dEUS.

The Best Of 1980-1990: I bought this one somewhere in Spain, as I was there for an internship. It might've been in a shop in León.

All That You Can't Leave Behind: I have no recollection where I bought this album. It was probably on the day of release, but where...?

The Best Of 1990-2000: I think I got this one in a big electronics store (Media Markt) in Utrecht, more or less on the day of release.

How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb: It's getting boring, but I got this one on the day of release in an independent record store in Utrecht (Plato). That same day there was a fanclub meeting in Utrecht, so I went to that one immediately after I'd gotten the album. The album had leaked before, so I'd already heard the songs.

18 Singles: No idea again how or where I got it. It might've been through an online shop. I was not really concerned in getting it on the day of release, as I already had everything, except the DVD. Wherever it was cheapest, that would be my pick.

No Line On The Horizon: Got it through Amazon.co.uk. A few weeks before release the deluxe edition was really cheap, so I ordered it. Got the album some days after release date. But that was OK as it had leaked a bit before.

:hmm:

Boy - stole from friend

Pop & all that you can't leave behind were day of release purchases from borders.

I had intentions of buying atomic bomb on midnight of its release at tower records in times square but a friend caused a small incident so it never happened... just downloaded it instead.

Never owned a physical copy of no line... digital only.

Can't really remember the rest :shrug:

Back
Top Bottom