Do you realize the volume difference in "New York"?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

theedgeu2

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
Secretly listening to a U2 record that's beyond th
Right as it jumps from the verse to the chorus in "New York" the volume seems to be pushed a bit louder. I was wondering if anyone else noticed this? It gets on my nerves because I can't listen to the song without having to turn it down so by ears aren't blasted!

(U2, please fix this)

A lot of songs with dynamic have parts that are quiet and parts that are loud.

A lot of songs with dynamic have parts that are quiet and parts that are loud.

Generally speaking, dynamics are considered a very good thing.

Just remember to avoid any and all albums released before 2000 and you're probably OK. :up:

I may be wrong, but doesn't it have both the quietest and loudest moments on The Joshua Tree? (Exit, I mean)

I may be wrong, but doesn't it have both the quietest and loudest moments on The Joshua Tree? (Exit, I mean)

Well, not on my copy. I have one of the 'faulty' copies of JT that's WAY too low in volume. :crack: It's pretty annoying, half of Exit is not audible when you're listening on your ipod on shuffle.
I think the loudest on JT is either In God's Country or Bullet. :hmm:

Well, not on my copy. I have one of the 'faulty' copies of JT that's WAY too low in volume. :crack: It's pretty annoying, half of Exit is not audible when you're listening on your ipod on shuffle.
I think the loudest on JT is either In God's Country or Bullet. :hmm:

You don't have the remastered version? :ohmy:

I think I'm the only one who still isn't happy with the Exit volume level. It's one of my favorite U2 cuts, but even on the remaster, it's way too quiet.

Back
Top Bottom