Do any of your U2 albums smell like anything?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Scorpionac

War Child
I'm just reading an article about odor perception for class and I started thinking about the specific odors I associate with particular things.

For example, when I bought a copy of Zooropa, I noticed that the album booklet smells like crayons. It still does, and I've owned that album for years. I find the odor fits the album, for some reason.

Do any of your U2 albums or items have a specific smell?

No, but my R.E.M. Monster CD booklet stunk for years. I think it might have been some kind of new-fangled (at the time) organic inks they used to print or something.

I spilled potato salad on my CD insert of The Joshua Tree the day I bought it. Probably still smells like vinegar. I think it was American potato salad, not German, so I suppose U2 would have approved.

The smelliest cd booklet I ever bought was a Spin Doctors album way back in 1992. I still remember the smell some 20 years later.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The smelliest cd booklet I ever bought was a Spin Doctors album way back in 1992. I still remember the smell some 20 years later.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

At least someone remembers Spin Doctors.

I always remember my Achtung Baby booklet had a horrible smell. 20 years later and I can still remember it.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

I remember buying Like a Prayer on cassette tape, and it was patchouli-scented.

But in a really nice way, not in a Dirty Hippie way.

I can still recall opening the case and smelling it.

Back
Top Bottom