Do Angels Look Over The Band? Check This Out!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Dont ge me wrong, Im a person that never tries to be rude. But I dont understand how people can think about angels? And why do it have to be angles? I could have been an Spaghetti monster, a tea cup... The first thing to think about is not angels, it is "nice light effect", wounder where they hide that spotligt..."

We are in 2009 and people still think there this things exists. It has never been proved by any scienties.

flying-spaghetti-monster.png

Hmpft, that's a sucky depiction of the flying spaghetti monster. :grumpy:

That pic looks more like the flying tapeworm monster to me. :angry:

Dont ge me wrong, Im a person that never tries to be rude. But I dont understand how people can think about angels? And why do it have to be angles? I could have been an Spaghetti monster, a tea cup... The first thing to think about is not angels, it is "nice light effect", wounder where they hide that spotligt..."

We are in 2009 and people still think there this things exists. It has never been proved by any scienties.
Hey Peterrrrrr,
It's called faith.
It's fine that you don't believe in angels or the spaghetti monster or whatever.
It makes no difference to me...but for those of use that do and since you asked, ( I am not saying that picture is of angels by the way ) but for those of us that have a spiritual side it wouldn't be totally unplausable for such a thing to happen. Maybe not in the visual sense so much, but that goosebump spine tingling thing we feel at the shows is as Bono says " the Spirit in the house". There is just no denying it for me at least.
So the next line of thought for me, a believer, is that it wouldn't be so impossible for the spirit to manifest itself in an apparition in the midst of all that trancendant joy.
It's true, I have been to many different churches in pursuit of the joy, that transendance and I have never ever felt it in a church but I have at a U2 show!

To each thier own.

There are more things between earth and heaven than science can prove. Science doesn't have the answer to everything.

We are in 2009, and your level of tolerance toward people with beliefs different from yours is intolerable...

Dementors are sucking the collective soul out of U2 and forcing them to OMG SELL OUT and create OMG SELLOUT music like Fez-Being Born.

Dementors are sucking the collective soul out of U2 and forcing them to OMG SELL OUT and create OMG SELLOUT music like Fez-Being Born.
OhNOEZ! Teh horrorz! Now U2 are going to have to play Fez Live!

Sceince proves alot in the bible as false...
But it doesn't prove everything. As a person who relies on science rather than religion I can safely say that science isn't everything.
There's more to heaven and earth than silence.

While I don't believe in God or Allah or whatever, I do believe there's 'something' out there. Not something that controls us or watches over us, but there are just things science can't explain.
Perhaps they'll be explained in the future, we don't know that now. Perhaps they'll never be explained.

In your first post you said you don't want to be rude. The way you're posting now I'd say you ARE being rude.

You don't have to agree with someone to at least respect them and their beliefs. I don't believe in god, yet I understand that people do and I respect their choice to believe. The only thing that pisses me off is when people disrespect MY choice of not believing and try to 'convert' me or pass me off as if I'm missing something in life.
I'm not saying you have to believe. Just let those who do keep their dignity and don't try to ridicule them.

Also, just a FYI. The bible was written thousands of years ago by humans. No shit it contains stuff they couldn't explain yet while we can.

but for those of us that have a spiritual side it wouldn't be totally unplausable for such a thing to happen.

First of all, for some reason religious people think that they own the word spiritual. Well spiritual donst have to be about religious at all. Spiritual is all about consciousness and frame of mind. My spirituality is listening to the music, walking in the nature and photograph.

So the next line of thought for me, a believer, is that it wouldn't be so impossible for the spirit to manifest itself in an apparition in the midst of all that trancendant joy.

Well the spirit cant go outside the body, thats the problem. The spirit is in the brain, caused by nerves, chemicals... When we stop to live, the brain stops to work and the chemical,signals also stop and after that the mind/spirit is no more there.

Tell that to Bono, the singer in one of the most spiritually-minded bands in the world that you apparently like anyway.

Almost every musican is spirtually in music, Bono isnt more spiritualy then no other singer. And to me if go by religion, christian people isnt that spiritualy compare to the oldest religion/movement, Shamansimen. They lived with nature, where the nature. They totaly controlled their consciousness and frame of mind with rhytms. So if you looking for very spiritualy music try this

Animus Amour
569495.jpg

or
The Shamen's Arbor Bona Arbor Mala.

So if you think that its strange that a athiest/humanist likes U2 because the songs are about religious storys, well it is as strange as an athiest likes Lord Of The Rings mvoies...

There are more things between earth and heaven than science can prove. Science doesn't have the answer to everything.

Yes, before we knew how rainbows work. Every religeuos leader said that it was God... Science mgith not a answer YET to everything.

But look how dangerous religious thoughts can be to human, for an example about Homsexuality. Religeuos people saying that it is something you choose... Well science has proven that it is something you are born as...
So much that hasnt been explaint before and has been called unatural has been proven natural by science.

We are in 2009, and your level of tolerance toward people with beliefs different from yours is intolerable...

Im not intolorance to people with beliefs, Im intolorance to what beliefs can make people do. There is better beliefs and more worse. Santa Claus is a very good belief for an example. Have you ever heard someone who believes in Santa Claus so strong so he fly a plane in a house or do terrible things to abortion doctors?

And what I still think is strange is that there are still people who denying Evolution.

Sceince proves alot in the bible as false...

What is important in religion is the message and the general ideas, not the literal imagery. There is absolutely no reason why science and religion/spirituality/whatever-you-want-to-call-it can't coexist; the two are incomplete without each other.

First of all, for some reason religious people think that they own the word spiritual. Well spiritual donst have to be about religious at all. Spiritual is all about consciousness and frame of mind. My spirituality is listening to the music, walking in the nature and photograph.

Well the spirit cant go outside the body, thats the problem. The spirit is in the brain, caused by nerves, chemicals... When we stop to live, the brain stops to work and the chemical,signals also stop and after that the mind/spirit is no more there.

Hey if that's what you believe, good for you. I was expressing my views, and what I believe. You are not going to change my beliefs, and and I am not trying or going to change yours. Therefore this conversation is pointless.

You need to work on tolerance my friend.
COEXIST

You have the right to your belief, still I think it IS intolerant to state something like this as a fact because, honestly, we don't know.

Personally, I don't think that the human "spirit" has anything to do with nerves and the brain with biology. We consist of more than that. It's not just what can be explained by science. If you can live happily with what you believe in, that's fine, but please don't try to convince other people or disrespect what they believe.

And yes, I do agree, that religion does not equal spirituality.

Btw, this topic should be in FYM.

it has never been proven wrong either so :wink:

It's Athena.

You're intolerant if you say otherwise. It's Athena, because there is no proof saying it is not her. Excuse me, while I'll go sacrifice baby kittens to Ares...my homeboy!

Keep the faith!

Back
Top Bottom