Disappearing Act

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It looks like a V2, which isn't bad quality :shrug:

hmm....well if that is indeed the actual quality, then that's a tad disappointing. to me, it just sounds like a shitty mp3. i don't know all the V2, V0 stuff well enough to know the difference.

hmm....well if that is indeed the actual quality, then that's a tad disappointing. to me, it just sounds like a shitty mp3. i don't know all the V2, V0 stuff well enough to know the difference.

A good V0 would be equal to listening to a 320 just smaller in size, V2 would be lesser quality but probably about equal to 256 I'm not sure but certainly not what one would class as bad quality. Rip could suck though so we'll see soon enough

A good V0 would be equal to listening to a 320 just smaller in size, V2 would be lesser quality but probably about equal to 256 I'm not sure but certainly not what one would class as bad quality. Rip could suck though so we'll see soon enough

yeah i think it's the rip that is the problem.

I'm starting to really like this song. Thought it sucked when I first heard it but I kinda like it now but I still don't like the "do your disappearing act" part.
Yoshino Blossom on the other hand is just fantastic.

I'm not so sure the line is "You think that you can love yourself into love." It would make sense, but I hear an H-word, not an L-word. Am I crazy?

Hope, heart, home, harm???

The guitar at the beginning makes me think of Acrobat! :O

It isn't love yourself int love, it is "love someone into love"

meaning she thinks if she loves someone else that they will love her. It's a nicer way of saying she is a bitch who thinks she can get anything she wants and make the boys swoon.

It is the best line B has written in years

I figured it out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"You think you can love someone into HER." :doh::heart:

Interesting, butit doesn't work with the tense. The song is in first person, so he cant refer to her as a 'you' then himself as a 'you'. He refers to himslf as 'I'.

And I now agree, mia was right, it is matress

I think this is a full, complete lyric:

You do your disappearing act

Silence, I know I could get used to this
Cunning, your scent is something I'm not gonna miss
Exile, it's a small price to pay for bliss
Alone, like the painter's dog without a bone
When there's only one thing you need to own
And that is hunger, hunger itself

I know you'll be convinced
Your mattress ripped, and it is torn to shreds
From all the lovers taken to your beds
They're empty now
And you think that you can love
And you think that you can love someone into love

Jealousy, it's not what it's cracked up to be
Envy, gets you where you need to be
Alone, rather the river than your stepping stones
Leave the graveyard 'fore you turn to bones
I'm tragic, you're comedy

Oh, baby doll, the dogs are barking, they need to be fed
All the lepers you let in your head - is it empty now?
Cos you think that you can love
And you think that you can love someone into love

I'm now hearing "your night is ripped" instead of "your mattress ripped". And I'm still hearing "sin" instead of "scent".

Regardless, this sounds like something of a lyrical sequel to One to me, and it's very similar to Electrical Storm (it seems to have an aspect of the whole collapsing-relationship-as-a-metaphor-for-society-as-a-whole thing that I love on those songs).

From what i hear of this track it isnt anything special but its not the worst thing U2 have done either :)

Id rate it as equivilent to Window In The Skies people like it at first and then it becomes pretty forgettable.

Anybody have lyrics up yet? I've been searching the good old world wide web and haven't found anything close to definitive...

:sad:

Back
Top Bottom