Disappearing Act

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The "I'm tragic, you're comedy" line reminds me of the lyrical direction he took in Mercy, for obviouos reasons. ("I'm ice, you're water," etc.) And this is a good thing.

the songs got a piece of every decade, which is probably why it is polarising the audience. People either embrace bits form their favourite decade, or loath the bits from their least favourite decade

the songs got a piece of every decade, which is probably why it is polarising the audience. People either embrace bits form their favourite decade, or loath the bits from their least favourite decade

This is why I like it so much, I happen to like all eras of U2, so it's cool to see something like this.

I'm not so sure the line is "You think that you can love yourself into love." It would make sense, but I hear an H-word, not an L-word. Am I crazy?

Hope, heart, home, harm???

The guitar at the beginning makes me think of Acrobat! :O

Interesting take...the instruments from the 80's-vocal from today..you know the duel bono vocals...really enjoy the piano..I think the best outtake from any of the remastered sessions

The only thing I dont like, is the way "you do your disappearing act" part is sung.
They sound old singing it.

I keep hearing "your manuscript" :huh:

EDIT: And aside from the way Bono sings "itself," I'm really enjoying his vocal (especially "comedy"). Good tune, good vocals - really like Bono's lyrics as it pertains to the darker side of love (which I've sorely missed this decade).

The more I listen, the more I am reminded of A.B...:up:

So...WHEN ARE WE GUNNA HERE THE FULL TRACK BBS?

The drums are kinda tragic on this one. It's like Larry's playing on wet cardboard boxes. At the bottom of a well.

Of course, it's not really fair to judge an outtake.

Is this, in fact, a version of "White City"?

The drums are kinda tragic on this one. It's like Larry's playing on wet cardboard boxes. At the bottom of a well.

Of course, it's not really fair to judge an outtake.

Is this, in fact, a version of "White City"?

i wouldn't judge the drums yet. the mp3 floating around sounds real compressed. i don't think it's even close to cd quality.

Back
Top Bottom