Disappearing Act

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I like Wave of Sorrow, but it's not something I go about listening to every day. The music is very 80s, and the vocals seem almost awkward on top of it. But I still do like it... the lyrics are excellent. I haven't even bothered listening to Angels.

This, on the other hand, has the TUF ambiance that I love in the background, but the band seem to have channeled a very twenty-first century feel on top of it. I can't wait to hear the whole thing.

I like Wave of Sorrow, but it's not something I go about listening to every day. The music is very 80s, and the vocals seem almost awkward on top of it. But I still do like it... the lyrics are excellent. I haven't even bothered listening to Angels.

This, on the other hand, has the TUF ambiance that I love in the background, but the band seem to have channeled a very twenty-first century feel on top of it. I can't wait to hear the whole thing.

i recommend Angels. it's actually been in my constant U2 rotation for the last year. i really love it.

heck yeah. i made a mix recently of my faves from NLOTH, UF, Passengers, etc, and Angels fits really well, just has a great atmosphere.

Shame how Angels' lyrics, like Wave Of Sorrow's, are a complete fail.

You know, WOS would be almost tolerable if it weren't for that embarrassing last verse. It would've been better left as an instrumental.

It sounds alright, but my favourite thing about the UF era was probably Bono's voice, and my least favourite thing about the present era is Bono's voice, so I'm kind of torn.

The thing I love about UF is that it is EVERYONES strong era. Every other album you can point to a weaker link. UF is perfect. Anything from the UF sessions can only be awesome, and I lvoe b's voice now.

PS, Dig, Angels is the balls. It is my alarm tone

Given this is the band that put 4th Of July and MLK on the album while casting aside Bass Trap, The Three Sunrises, Love Comes Tumbling, and the two Boomerangs, I wouldn't say that. The "cast-asides" could prove rather good.

Love Comes Tumbling was a cast-aside?? :ohmy:

blimey... :madwife::edge::adam::larry::bono::madwife:

dammit, this is frustrating...I'm alrady imagining this live :drool:

I want the whole song...nowwwwwww :waiting:

Part of me wishes they would just save this song and try to fit on SoA somehow....it just sounds so good....it won't get proper exposure on the TUF remaster.

song is gold. I am loving the gems we have been getting. Obviously id love a cd full of unreleased stuff, but cant complain about saturday night, wave f sorrow, angels. brilliant

This song is sooooo :drool:

they seem to have really brought this song to their 2000s tone - it seems like a really uplifiting, optimistic song. which are two words you would never associate with the unforgettable fire era (Pride being the only real exception i guess).

but since i love joyous U2 as much as I love the more contemplative, darker U2, i'm goin to give this a big :up:! can't wait to hear it in full!

When I first read the contents of the interview on @U2 I actually thought that this 'Disappearing Act' song would be on SoA (because of the recent work on it) but then I realised it's just on the UF remaster, I guess that's alright.

Shame how Angels' lyrics, like Wave Of Sorrow's, are a complete fail.

You know, WOS would be almost tolerable if it weren't for that embarrassing last verse. It would've been better left as an instrumental.

yeah, i'm not a big fan of WOS either. i feel a lot different about Angels though. plus, i'm not a lyric guy. i'm more into the music.

Back
Top Bottom