Disappearing Act

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
This is the reason why sometimes i find it hard to argue with people who say "u2 used to be good". In that short clip the sense of "urgency" in the song just takes over. It may be new vocals, newly added effects but you can tell from Larry's drumming that it is old school U2.

This is the reason why sometimes i find it hard to argue with people who say "u2 used to be good". In that short clip the sense of "urgency" in the song just takes over. It may be new vocals, newly added effects but you can tell from Larry's drumming that it is old school U2.

:up:

I wish i didn't hear this clip. I definitely would have teared up if i heard this in CD quality all the way through randomly on the radio. How long do we have to wait to get this?

"They're empty now" Never seizes to amaze me.

The song is great... but I don't think it's catchy... not in the sense of a hit.

So I'm the only person not excited by this?

And I'm the one known for being the UF fanlad too ...

So far it looks like it. I love it and also think its a lot better than the clip gives us.

I'd rather something that's genuinely UF. We all saw how unspectacular the "completed" Wave Of Sorrow and Angels Too Tied To The Ground were, and UF era material shouldn't receive that treatment. A genuine reflection of what the band were doing during that time period is better than some 2009 revision. If they want to do a 2009 revision, great, whack it as a b-side onto a single (it's not as if the current crop of b-sides are anything anybody would greatly miss).

Ah well, who cares, either way it's something new to hear. I was just hoping we'd be free of Wave Of Sorrows this time around.

Do you agree that this clip may at least show a chance of this being the best out of the unreleased/new released tracks?

I know what you mean by the authenticity but anything that's good to be released that's never been heard is always a plus for me.

So I'm the only person not excited by this?

And I'm the one known for being the UF fanlad too ...

i'm with you, axver

i mean, i think its good, and the drums sound great, but i dont hear a catchy hit song out of it... just sound like a pretty good song that i would occasionally listen to:shrug:

Do you agree that this clip may at least show a chance of this being the best out of the unreleased/new released tracks?

I know what you mean by the authenticity but anything that's good to be released that's never been heard is always a plus for me.

Disappearing Act sounded really, really good. Certainly better than Angels Too Tied to the Ground. I didn't have a problem with Wave of Sorrows. It didn't set me on fire, but it certainly stood up to some of the JT B-sides of the era. Any additionally released songs are going to be cast-asides, which should indicate their quality.

It has a chance of being the best out of the three songs U2 have decided to touch up, but Angels Too Tied and Wave Of Sorrow are weak competition.

On the basis of that clip (which isn't much!), it may have a way to go to beat Saturday Night, Speed Of Life, Rise Up, and Desert Of Our Love, though.

Any additionally released songs are going to be cast-asides, which should indicate their quality.

Given this is the band that put 4th Of July and MLK on the album while casting aside Bass Trap, The Three Sunrises, Love Comes Tumbling, and the two Boomerangs, I wouldn't say that. The "cast-asides" could prove rather good.

Probably why it was left over... I don't think U2 are trying to make hits out of these new unreleased songs, just trying to give us a little something.

I know, I was said that because of the people saying it was catchy, even considering it for SoA.

i dunno, i liked Wave of Sorrow

Amen to that! I don't care if the music is 20 years older than the vocals, a good song is a good song. One of Bono's best vocal performances in my opinion.

Now Angels too tied to the ground... yyyyyyyyyyyyeeaaahh.....

Back
Top Bottom