Dirty Day vs. Breathe

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pcfitz80

The Fly
I see some very loose similarities between these two good to very good songs. they really don't sound that much alike, I know, but still Breath reminds me of Dirty Day for some reason.

Studio version: Breath easily wins

live: probably Dirty Day but the jurys still out - this is based on comparing Dirty Day in Zoo Syndey (one of bands best concerts ever IMO) with Breath on Letterman (good but will probably get better with more practice in live setting)

Breathe by miles in the studio and, live, i cannot say, but i am going to guess and say Breathe will be epic live; it just has that live feel to it, especially if Bono can ever perfectly nail the lyrics. I just think Breathe is a much more complex song, one of the more complex u2 songs imo, and just the meldoy and the whole way its done is just pure beauty. The band is completely on and its become an immediate classic and my all time fav; i cant explain why, but it just hits me big time.

I see some very loose similarities between these two good to very good songs. they really don't sound that much alike, I know, but still Breath reminds me of Dirty Day for some reason.

Can you try and explain what similarities you find? I'm just curious...

Is this just a random comparison? Because it sounds like one. *yawn*

I think the original poster was probably referring to the similarities in themes from both songs... that's why it reminds the poster Breathe of DD.

I don't think the poster deserved all the flack for his thread. IMHO

Dirty Day is one of my least favourite U2 songs. Actually,, I don't like that song at all.

BREATHE on the other hand is amazing, especially the live versions. I think they really worked out how to play that one live and you can clearly see they love playing this song. Seeing the song performed live made me like Breathe much more than I originally did.

Worthy comparison for once. Dunno why, but both songs give a similar vibe....

Breathe easily, a superior song.

In the studio Breathe bumps into Dirty Day, roughs it up a bit, then really starts laying into it before knocking it out, putting it in a body bag and kicking it over a cliff.

Yes. I think Dirty Day is one of the worst studio songs U2 has ever put out.

Back
Top Bottom