Did the December 1991 issue of Rolling Stone predict "Sleep Like A Baby Tonight"?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

david

ONE love, blood, life
Did the December 1991 issue of Rolling Stone predict "Sleep Like A Baby Tonight"?

rollingstone1991dec.jpg

I say the world still owes Sinead O'Connor an apology for blasting her over her pope-ripping thing on SNL.

SHE WAS RIGHT ALL ALONG.

I was hitting the wine last night. I thought it was funny the layout with each story written above each member's head. Adam got Clapton.

Ha, yeah that actually is kinda funny. I came in here because I realized I didn't really get the joke at all.

Good lord they ruled the world right then

Yes, they did. And what's funny to me is that this was a sort of 2nd life for them, coming after the disappointing Rattle and Hum period. This was after going away and "dreaming it all up again." And so as a fan since the October album, I still consider the Fly era "late" U2.

If ATYCLB was their 3rd life, I'm tempted to say that SOI is their 4th. Which begs the question: how many lives do they have?

I say the world still owes Sinead O'Connor an apology for blasting her over her pope-ripping thing on SNL.

SHE WAS RIGHT ALL ALONG.

Well, if she is allowed to rip up a picture of a peaceful man who has dedicated his life to serving others, I don't see anything wrong with people criticizing her. With all the things that are wrong in this world and she decides to go after the Pope. Confused is an understatement. Now for my confusion, what does this Rolling Stone Cover have to do with "Sleep Like A Baby Tonight"?

Except that she didn't go after a man that did lots of good in the world - she went after the head of the church that for years had been covering up sexual abuse of children by the clergy. They are the same person.

That to me sounds like a thing that's wrong in the world that is perfect to go after. She just went after him before the rest of the world got on the bandwagon.

It doesn't negate any good that JPII did in the world, but all the good things he did in the world certainly doesn't negate being the head of a church that did all of that, either.

Back
Top Bottom