Did Bono really say this?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

europop2005

Refugee
Firstly please do not ask me why I was looking up a Wikipedia page of Scott Stapp

In April 2008, Stapp uploaded a cover of U2's "Running to Stand Still" on his MySpace page. Bono, of U2, was quoted in the March 2009 edition of Guitar Magazine as saying, "Stapp's butchery of one of my personal favorite U2 songs is a slap in the face and a kick in the balls."

I'd never heard that one. While it's funny and I would believe Bono might THINK that, I don't think his printed, public disses are that outright harsh.

I don't ever remember hearing about him saying that. But if he did, I applaud him because Stapp is a disgrace to music and humanity in particular. :D But I do recall Stapp going on a drunken tangent on a poker show a few years ago, saying that Bono was an "a**hole" or something along those lines when he met him and Edge one time. Revenge perhaps?

Oh, and here's the cover he supposedly did...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Y46AUAvR60

I don't ever remember hearing about him saying that. But if he did, I applaud him because Stapp is a disgrace to music and humanity in particular. :D But I do recall Stapp going on a drunken tangent on a poker show a few years ago, saying that Bono was an "a**hole" or something along those lines when he met him and Edge one time. Revenge perhaps?

Oh, and here's the cover he supposedly did...

YouTube - Running To Stand Still by Scott Stapp (U2 Cover)

:no:

But it's not bad enough to deserve such criticism. :| And even if it was un-listenable, I think Bono would probably still be polite about it, with the criticism being subtle :D

:lol: Actually, I've never seen the whole movie. I saw my friend's play, and bits and pieces of the movie. But if the movie is like the play (minus the musical numbers of course) then I'd probably love the movie too. :wink:

Firstly please do not ask me why I was looking up a Wikipedia page of Scott Stapp

In April 2008, Stapp uploaded a cover of U2's "Running to Stand Still" on his MySpace page. Bono, of U2, was quoted in the March 2009 edition of Guitar Magazine as saying, "Stapp's butchery of one of my personal favorite U2 songs is a slap in the face and a kick in the balls."

Somehow I don't think he actually said that (at least knowing it would be printed...)

But I wish he had :lol:

See... I'm really afraid to check if Scott Stapp is who I'm thinking he is (Creed's singer...). Please someone tell me that I'm wrong so I don't have to deal with the fact that he's covering a U2 song... (I haven't listened to it btw.)

^ Sorry, but I'm 99.9 % sure that he is :scream:

Edit: I googled it, he is. Needless to say I also didn't listen to it...:yikes:

His voice is just...:lol: He sings in that same, stupid way on every song he does. It's like he's clenching his teeth the whole time or something, I can't even explain it :lol:

I'm turning 23 in less than 5 minutes and that was a really shit birthday present :angry:

Ignorance is bliss...if I don't listen then I don't have to acknowledge it exists :lol:

Happy birthday! I hope it gets better! :wink:

I'm turning 23 in less than 5 minutes and that was a really shit birthday present :angry:

happy birthday
sorry you had to listen to that pile of shit. Hope your cake is better than that.

Now get out of here, go away from the internet and celebrate your birthday in style; hookers, booze, 3-ways, etc.

If he did indeed say that I love him even more :D.

I wasn't aware he covered that song. Please, no, don't ruin a beautiful song like "Running To Stand Still"...:( :rant:.

Angela

Same here.......Bono's song and version is much more beautiful by U2. I haven't heard the cover. I don't want to.

Back
Top Bottom