Dave from RTE Radio in Dublin Calling?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

doctorwho

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
My TARDIS - currently located in Valparaiso, IN
So this morning I see my cell phone indicates that someone from an unusual place called. I was booked solid at work, so finally, close to lunch time (in California), I get a chance to listen to my messages.

Turns out this number is from a person in Dublin. In fact, a person named Dave (Fanning??) called stating he's from RTE radio in Dublin and wanted to ask about the upcoming U2 tour.

I just called back and left a message. As it's almost 8 pm Dublin time (as I write this), my guess is that he's long since gone. I'm curious what possible question he could have. Sadly, I'm not visiting Dublin in 2009 (maybe if U2 returns to Europe in 2010, I will). So if that's what he's asking, the conversation will be short. LOL!

Just curious if anyone else received such calls?

Just happened to be online after a tough day - as you correctly guessed - crank calling various people.

So this morning I see my cell phone indicates that someone from an unusual place called. I was booked solid at work, so finally, close to lunch time (in California), I get a chance to listen to my messages.

Turns out this number is from a person in Dublin. In fact, a person named Dave (Fanning??) called stating he's from RTE radio in Dublin and wanted to ask about the upcoming U2 tour.

I just called back and left a message. As it's almost 8 pm Dublin time (as I write this), my guess is that he's long since gone. I'm curious what possible question he could have. Sadly, I'm not visiting Dublin in 2009 (maybe if U2 returns to Europe in 2010, I will). So if that's what he's asking, the conversation will be short. LOL!

Just curious if anyone else received such calls?

Did you sign up for a competition? You could have won tickets.

Just happened to be online after a tough day - as you correctly guessed - crank calling various people.

You're doing a great job with those crank calls, because you had a Dublin number and everything! :yes:

Did you sign up for a competition? You could have won tickets.

I might have done this or I gave them my info. a while back for another competition or some sort of submission (I think Fanning was looking for fans' comments when U2's album was released). Either way, I called back and even e-mailed. Told them my story (ain't going to Dublin now). So if I did actually win something (and I doubt it), they'll have to pay for my trip there too. LOL!

Back
Top Bottom