Criminally underrated and under appreciated songs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

snutes1

Acrobat
Only 2 days after the release of SOI and
This is Where You Can Reach Me Now
is already an underrated songs by the fans.

Others include:

Another time another place
I threw a brick
Wire
Love comes tumbling
Indian summer sky
When I look at the world
Wild Honey
Do you feel loved
A man and a woman
FEZ
The ground beneath your feet
The wanderer
Heartland
Van Diemens Land

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using U2 Interference mobile app

Love comes tumbling
When I look at the world
Do you feel loved
FEZ
The ground beneath your feet
Heartland

These are all much-loved songs on Interference. Hell, back in the day the Heartland Appreciation Thread ran to at least three parts.

But I entirely concur about Indian Summer Sky. Amazing song, yet always gets a raw deal on here and elsewhere.

Playboy Mansion
When I Look At The World

Love those songs but don't see them mentioned much. Doesn't help that they were never played live (not properly anyway).

Then again the Playboy Mansion snippet at the end of Streets during PopMart was really really epic.

Agree with Indian Summer Sky and One Step Closer

I would add:

Love Rescue Me
Stuck In A Moment
Original Of The Species

And perhaps most of all...

If God Will Send His Angels

Although I would argue that Stuck was played lots live and was a single with a cheesy video to boot.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using U2 Interference mobile app

One Step Closer, Twilight, Wire, A Sort Of Homecoming, Mothers Of The Disappeared, Hawkmoon, Babyface, Daddy's Gonna Pay..., North and South Of The River, Unknown Caller, Another Time Another place, Lemon, Dirty Day, One Tree Hill.
Gosh, there's so many.

One Step Closer, Twilight, Wire, A Sort Of Homecoming, Mothers Of The Disappeared, Hawkmoon, Babyface, Daddy's Gonna Pay..., North and South Of The River, Unknown Caller, Another Time Another place, Lemon, Dirty Day, One Tree Hill.
Gosh, there's so many.

Ohhhh I totally love bass in North and south of the river, love it!!

I'm assuming nothing from The Joshua Tree and Achtung Baby are under appreciated.

Out of Control
The Electric Co.
Touch
Boy-Girl
I Fall Down
I Threw a Brick Through a Window
With a Shout
Is That All?
A Celebration
The Refugee
Red Light
Treasure (Whatever Happened to Pete the Chop)
Wire
Indian Summer Sky
Yoshino Blossom
Luminous Times
Desert of Our Love
Hawkmoon 269
Daddy's Gonna Pay For Your Crashed Car
This Is Where You Can Reach Me Now

SOI is too new to have any underrated songs. Not to mention everyone seems to have different favourites.

the entirety of Pop is vastly underrated in the real, non-Interference world. which is probably why it gets so much love here, because no one in real life has even heard of it. even most casual fans I've met don't know it. probably because U2 themselves don't really remember it.

Ground Beneath Her Feet is criminally underrated; one of U2's top 10 songs imo.

i also really like Fire. one of October's strongest tracks

Stranger in a Strange Land
Trip through your wires
God Part II
Do you feel loved
Grace
All because of you
One Step Closer
Original of the Species
Magnificent
Unknown Caller
Breathe

Is That All
Stranger In A Strange Land
With A Shout (Jerusalem)

October has got stunning drumming work and great fast-paced songs!

The Refugee
Red Light

These from War are good fun.

Love Rescue Me - Mellow but lovely! So poetic!
Miami - kicks ass!
The Playboy Mansion - Love that groove!
If You Wear That Velvet Dress - sensual U2 and so different musically! Fantastic track.

Peace On Earth - One of the better songs on ATYCLB harkening back to political lyrics of the past.
Crumbs From Your Table - maybe my fav song on Bomb

One Step Closer, definitely. The best restrained moment on HTDAAB

When I Look At The World. Would be great live and maybe fit into this next tour with all of the introspection.

ASOH - I can recall seeing the live version of this song from Wide Awake

Twilight
Another Time...
Promenade
Heartland
Van Diemons

Playboy Mansion
When I Look At The World

Love those songs but don't see them mentioned much. Doesn't help that they were never played live (not properly anyway).

Then again the Playboy Mansion snippet at the end of Streets during PopMart was really really epic.

YES!

I think Playboy Mansion is the most unfairly shat on song round these parts.

ITT: People naming much-loved fan favourites.

Hey look, I think this B-side, I think it's called Where The One Has No Name? It's really underrated. You should check it out, setlist man.

In all seriousness, Indian Summer Sky, Wire, Like A Song..., I Fall Down and Stranger In A Strange Land are all pretty great.

And Treasure (Whatever Happened To Pete The Chop?) is the best song 95% of U2 fans haven't heard...and arguably the best song the other 5% have heard, too.

I've honestly always thought NYD is kind of underrated. It seems to get really lost when talking about greatest U2 songs. And it, along with Bad, All I Want Is You, and some other old songs, doesnt get beaten to death live. It always seems to stay fresh and new every tour.

Twilight

I Threw a Brick Through a Window
Is That All?
A Celebration (Debatable as being "underrated" since it is well liked, but it doesn't get talked about enough)

Surrender
The Refugee

Exit

Daddy's Gonna Pay For Your Crashed Car

Wake Up Dead Man

When I Look At The World
New York

Crumbs From Your Table
Miracle Drug

White As Snow

I've honestly always thought NYD is kind of underrated. It seems to get really lost when talking about greatest U2 songs. And it, along with Bad, All I Want Is You, and some other old songs, doesnt get beaten to death live. It always seems to stay fresh and new every tour.

Actually I'd say overrated. NYD live is fantastic for sure but the album version is way inferiour. It hasn't aged very well and production is patchy to say the least.
IMHO. :wink:

I THOUGHT OF TWO MORE GUYS

Cedars of Lebanon - imo tied with LIB as their strongest closer. actually I prefer it to the album version. subtle and atmospheric and beautiful, some of their best work in the 00s

also The Wanderer. Johnny Cash is great c'mon guys.

GONE - Criminally underrated in the sense that if U2 had released this as their first single from Pop the world would still be hearing it on classic rock radio. And may have actually bought the album!!! PLEASE - Another one...why I never hear this on FM Rock radio is beyond me?!?!?! Such a great song!!! OCTOBER - The whole album!!!

Back
Top Bottom