Criminally underrated and under appreciated songs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Grace
Peace on Earth
Love Rescue Me
Indian Summer Sky
Elvis and America

Some of the songs in this thread I don't get...a lot of the ones people are mentioning are pretty universally loved by U2 fans.

A song that nobody (except me) including U2 fans seems to ever mention is "Flower Child". It's probably a minute longer than it needs to be, but damn it's got a strong melody and chorus. Punched up a little bit and whittled down to a shorter-length, it could certainly have been an A-side -- the tune is so strong.

Since they seemed to be desperate for 'pop' songs on ATYCLB, I can't figure out why this song didn't make the cut over, say, "Wild Honey" or whatever. Maybe too mid-tempo or something. Anyway, good tune.

A song that nobody (except me) including U2 fans seems to ever mention is "Flower Child". It's probably a minute longer than it needs to be, but damn it's got a strong melody and chorus. Punched up a little bit and whittled down to a shorter-length, it could certainly have been an A-side -- the tune is so strong.

Since they seemed to be desperate for 'pop' songs on ATYCLB, I can't figure out why this song didn't make the cut over, say, "Wild Honey" or whatever. Maybe too mid-tempo or something. Anyway, good tune.

Wow, good choice! I had never heard that before! It reminds me a bit of Oasis for some reason. I liked a lot of the ATYCLB b-sides, like Summer Rain and Always...

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Yes to Indian Summer Sky, Flower Child and Summer Rain! Love those :)

For me, Wake up Dead Man & Dirty Day

Summer Rain & Dirty Day

:up:

I'd like to add All Because of You (alternate version). I can't for the life of me understand why they chose the other version of this song, the alternate is far superior. It doesn't have that ridiculously awful production, it's more punk rock and much stronger lyrically. I've really been digging it lately.

Going to throw another vote in for Original of the Species, I was shocked to find the vitriol towards it when I first signed up here. The studio recording is great and the version from Live in Chicago (with the band kicking in later) is a masterpiece.

Shadows and Tall Trees
With A Shout
A Celebration
The Refugee
Elvis Presley and America
So cruel
The Wanderer
Man and A Woman
Get On Your Boots

Holy Joe

Elevation
One Step Closer
The Playboy Mansion

Another Time, Another Place
With a Shout
I Fall Down
Red Light
Promenade
Elvis Presley and America
Some Days
Daddy's Gonna Pay
Always Forever Now
actually all of Passengers
Wake Up Dead Man
Velvet Dress
New York
Unknown Caller
TIWYCRMN

Now that we got them to play THAT SONG tonight, let's work on Soldier Soldier. Maybe they can get it together by NYC

Last edited:
So Cruel
Ultraviolet
Acrobat (duh)
Wire
Promenade
Stuck in a Moment (gets a lot of hate but I love it)
Walk On (same)
In a Little While
One Step Closer
No Line on the Horizon
Moment of Surrender (people either think it's amazing or a slog. I agree with the former)
Lucifer's Hands
The Miracle (Of Joey Ramone)
The First Time
The Wanderer
If God Will Send His Angels
Wake Up Dead Man

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom