Courtney Love worked on October?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
This story is quite plausible. Well no not the actual working thing, but Courtney Love was living in Liverpool in the very early 80s and was hanging around Teardrop Explodes and the Liverpool music scene (corroborated by Julian Cope and Dave Balfe). In some Hot Press interview I've got from way back when, it mentions Bono talking to Mac from Echo (or was it Pete Wylie) and trying to intervene in the Crucial 3 feud, of which Julian Cope was the other third. So as the Mythbusters say, plausible.

God I'm a nerd.....

(I'm off to a quiz night tonight, if we don't win a prize I'll be mightily pissed off....)
:love:

Now THAT is something I'd believe.

Maybe Bono 'stole' them himself to create a bit of publicity. You know, kind of like the gay Bowie thing, except it didn't work.

Well, that would be quite strange since he got the stuff that was inside the stolen briefcase back somewhere in the 00's. Two women found it and would only return it if they could give it to Bono personally. :wink:
It had some letters from and to Ali in it, his passport and the lyrics.

This story is quite plausible. Well no not the actual working thing, but Courtney Love was living in Liverpool in the very early 80s and was hanging around Teardrop Explodes and the Liverpool music scene (corroborated by Julian Cope and Dave Balfe). In some Hot Press interview I've got from way back when, it mentions Bono talking to Mac from Echo (or was it Pete Wylie) and trying to intervene in the Crucial 3 feud, of which Julian Cope was the other third. So as the Mythbusters say, plausible.

God I'm a nerd.....

(I'm off to a quiz night tonight, if we don't win a prize I'll be mightily pissed off....)

Quiz nights. :love:

To be honest, I think the skank is telling the truth. I doubt she was doing anything important, but I don't see why it wouldn't be the case. And okay, so she wasn't exactly 14 - it's not as if she's the only person to ever remember a rather fundamental fact like that wrongly during an interview.

We won first prize :hyper:

I'm now the proud owner of a Channel 7 back pack, with Coopers cap and a bottle of wine. And a Tony Hawks book :love:

Well, that would be quite strange since he got the stuff that was inside the stolen briefcase back somewhere in the 00's. Two women found it and would only return it if they could give it to Bono personally. :wink:

Yeah, he met up with the women in Portland, Oregon. I can confidently say it was October 2004, because he stopped in Seattle first that day and that's when I met him.

:drool:

:wave: what I can add to contribute here, is, that in Brazil, in the start of the 80's we had a band called Gang-90, which a female singer was a Dutch girl, called Alicia Pink and is reported here, that she worked on some choruses of 'Boy' album....:applaud: HAPPY BIRTHDAY EDGE!:heart:

God, that could have sold for a lot of money on eBay.

I read an article or an interview once where she said she went to Europe and followed U2 while they were on tour in the early 80s.

And for the record, I love most of her stuff and won't be putting a reject symbol like everyone else because it's damned good! :yes:

Well, Ian McCulloch of Echo and the Bunnymen, now its time to "get jiggy here" with Courtney Love---
Hehehehe (laughs)

---As I mentioned earlier, I have a whole bunch of questions here to ask you directly from Courtney Love. So I'll be like, the messenger here.
Okey doke.

But just to preamble this whole thing, and you kind of mentioned it a little while back there, when did you first meet Courtney, you said when she was like, 15 or 16?
When did she first meet me I think the question should be. It might have been before she came to Liverpool in New York. I know she came to some of our New York gigs in possibly 1981. If not, it probably was in Liverpool, but it might have been one of them... is this a question from her?

No, this is just some preamble here.
Ah yeah, the old preamble there. I don't know. I'd like to ask her. She has probably got more of a vivid recollection. I mean, I was in a daze as it says in the song "I've been in a daze for days"

Did she ever steal your clothes? Because that's how I first became aware of the Courtney-Ian McCulloch connection. Because I saw some mention that she once stole your clothes. Do you ever remember anything like that?
It's quite possible, I don't know what it would have been, but I know I've got a coat missing from the wardrobe. I think she might have stole a look rather than actual clothes. But if she did steal them, good luck to her, that's fine, I don't mind.

So when was the last time you saw Courtney Love or talked to her, because there was some mention that you were collaborate with her on a solo LP, Ian?
Yeah, well I'd still like that to happen. I have a song that I'd love her to sing on. I think it's down both of our strasses. It's a bit of a rocker, it's a great tune. It's called "Really Really Want You." It's kind of like "Sweet Jane" revisited and I'd love her to sing on it. I was thinking about Courtney, oh, last week thinking, it'd be great to get in touch with her and me to ask her directly, or possibly via a messenger.

Such as me Nardwuar the Human Serviette.
Hehehehhe (Laughs)

Okay, Ian let's get right into this. Questions for Ian McCulloch of Echo and the Bunnymen from Courtney Love. First question from Courtney Love to you, Ian. Courtney says, "Tell Ian, that to people who matter, he is the most important rock star ever."
Brilliant. That's lovely to hear. I was really pleased when she thanked the band on her last album. What can I say? That's not even a question to be answered. I think it's - I kind of agree, but it's sounds so much nicer, yes, it's so much nicer coming from Courtney. That means a lot.

And Ian McCulloch of Echo and the Bunnymen, number two question from Courtney, or statement says, "Tell Ian that I was with U2 in New York City and that Bono said 'Ian was always better than me. We just had better management.'"
Hahaha...(laughs) yeah, that's exactly what I've been telling people. That is fantastic! I don't believe this! Can't these people tell the world? That's lovely again from him. After all the things I've said about him, what a gentleman! I'd love to have a drink with Bono, if I could get him to shut up for five minutes, he might learn something. What a dude to say that. I mean he will still embarrass me from time to time, but he's got a really good band I think, you know, and again hats off to him. Or cowboy hats off to him.

It's interesting that Bono said that because one of the questions I had for you was why was U2 more successful than Echo and the Bunnymen and I guess that kind of answers it right there! Better management!
Totally. Because this came up recently. And probably a much better record company to be quite fair. We did everything right. We were the coolest group on the planet. But Bill Drummond, I mean he was a cool maverick manager, but at some point he should have said, early on, "we're going to get a manager because I don't know what I'm doing." And you know that's why we went to Iceland because we were maverick, you know. And it was just, kind of, we didn't realize what was going on. Paul McGinnis, from day one, he obviously saw U2 and thought poor rock band, but these guys can be massive. Bill Drummond saw us, thought we were the best group he had ever seen, or that there had ever been. And thought we could be massive, but if we aren't who gives a fuck. (laughs) That's been the nature of it, ever since. I kind of like it cause at the end of the day we don't have as many millions as U2's got, but I don't know whether I'll ever use them. All I knows is that I'd be still going to the football on a Saturday, still liking pubs to drink in.

Nardwuar vs Ian McCulloch - Page 2 of 4

Courtney worked on the October album...or she was milling around the studio...:scratch:

Courtney is an interesting woman...I love "Doll Parts" and "Awful"...even if Kurt and Billy did most of the writing....still those two songs just kick ass!

Is it true Courtney helped Bono write "Is That All?"...:wink:

I think she was only there to try and :censored: the band members, showing off her :censored: and :censored: to everyone, including Steve and studio techs.

Or maybe some of the studio techs hired her to work on them....then I'd say, yes she worked on the October album!

Well, we ARE talking about Courtney Love here!:hyper:

I think she was only there to try and :censored: the band members, showing off her :censored: and :censored: to everyone, including Steve and studio techs.

Or maybe some of the studio techs hired her to work on them....then I'd say, yes she worked on the October album!

So, you don't like her? :wink:

:|

Back
Top Bottom