Could anyone explain me WTF is this?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MMP

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
So, my girlfriend has a copy of HTDAAB and everytime she copies it to the pc most of the song names that show up are a little bit different from what you and I would expect, take a look:

Capturadetelainteira07012010024903.jpg

Seriously, has this happened to anyone else here?
It's kinda weird... I think someone messed up when pressing the cds. But those names are really... random. So, I would like to know if this is an isolated event.
Thanks for those who answer it. :D

Those are Depeche Mode songs....

Seriously? I'm not into Depeche, but I thought that Sinner In Me name was kinda familiar. Is that really right?

So, why the hell this happens? When she plays the songs it's all U2. :|

EDIT: Just looked it up on wiki, those are all names from Depeche's Playing the Angel... I guess someone screwed things up when pressing the cds. Sorry to bother, problem solved. :D Thanks Niceman.

Seriously? I'm not into Depeche, but I thought that Sinner In Me name was kinda familiar. Is that really right?

So, why the hell this happens? When she plays the songs it's all U2. :|

EDIT: Just looked it up on wiki, those are all names from Depeche's Playing the Angel... I guess someone screwed things up when pressing the cds. Sorry to bother, problem solved. :D Thanks Niceman.

No problem. Does this happen on more than one computer? You can always re-name them manually....

I read once that when ripping cds, the media player you're using (in my case, it was just WMP) will use certain criteria to search for the song and album info - I think one was song length, but I can't remember the rest - and that sometimes the wrong info can be applied to songs. Maybe that has something to do with it?

I read once that when ripping cds, the media player you're using (in my case, it was just WMP) will use certain criteria to search for the song and album info - I think one was song length, but I can't remember the rest - and that sometimes the wrong info can be applied to songs. Maybe that has something to do with it?

yes i was wondering the same thing... that the iTunes was mixing up the things... but ...when i bought it, i was using windows media player and i think the same thing happened... i'm not sure... :hmm:

Same thing happens to me all the time. One of my RHCP's cd's has all Michael Jackson song names, and some others have names of songs I haven't got a clue what they are. I've also got Guns n Roses songs names for one of my cd's too :hmm:

iTunes labeled all of TJT in... I believe it was Danish... for a friend of mine... we're not sure if it put the correct titles there in Danish, or just put some random Danish titles in there instead. But he didn't bother correcting it, because it's cool, and he's listened to the album enough to be able to figure out which track is which.

I've had something similar happen to me when I first threw in NLOTH in iTunes

Every track title had the word "Boots" in it :lol:

really depeche mode has a crumbs from your table and fast cars song on one and the same album? plagiarism :wink:

Yes this isn't a windows thing. This is a confusing database entry. Basically when you rip a disc it will check online to try to automatically get the disc and song names for auto-tagging. It uses track counts and song lengths and the like to use as parameters for searching through the database. If there happens to be another disc that closely matches that criteria, then it might get confused and associate it with the wrong album/track info.

Back
Top Bottom