Cosmos Thoughts III: U2 "WTF were they thinking" moments

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Being at a show is a purely subjective experience. Sometimes a two minute Bono speech can feel like a seven minute sermon dripping with absurd self-righteous pomposity, and the Vertigo shows I attended certainly seemed that way :D as Axver said, at least Eighties Bono's rants were, on the whole, entertaining and seemed more spontaneous somehow.

I put u2 radio on today and i put it on half way through bonos speech before one on the vertigo tour :)

Wasn't there a gig in DC on either the Elevation or Vertigo Tour where he really did blather on for about seven or eight minutes before One?

Yes. The first Vertigo show. I was there. So was Condi Rice (for the first half, supposedly she left because she had a state department to run).

It was long, but not unbearable. He's quite chatty and name-droppy at all the DC shows.

Sent from

Im not a fan of Crazy Tonight, remix or other, but specifically the remix is probably one of those "WTF" moments for me. I know im in the minority but i guess thats all good.

Crazy Tonight Remix still has me scratching my head.

My WTF moments are vertigo tour during zoo station. When Bono and edge sing 'alright, alright, alright, not alright.' Like 2 middle aged men trying to hold on to their youth, all I could think is 'Someone give me a gun!'

Also pop mart. I know it's a lot of people's favourite tour and they are welcome to their opinion but, good god those days were very bad to look back on.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

My WTF moments are vertigo tour during zoo station. When Bono and edge sing 'alright, alright, alright, not alright.' Like 2 middle aged men trying to hold on to their youth, all I could think is 'Someone give me a gun!'

That hat Bono wore was a shocker aswell!

This my morning wtf moment.

Why does that line anger you so much and induce violence?

This my morning wtf moment.

Why does that line anger you so much and induce violence?

'Give me a gun' it's a form or sarcasm. The line 'alright alright ...' Isn't the problem it's the manner in which the carry themselves! It's cringeworthy.

Get back in your hole ?

My wtf moment is ZooTV. It was so over the top, indulgent. Definetly at their creative and musical low point. The October Tour was their best and most memorable tour, without a doubt. The October Tour really cemented their legacy.

My wtf moment is ZooTV. It was so over the top, indulgent. Definetly at their creative and musical low point. The October Tour was their best and most memorable tour, without a doubt. The October Tour really cemented their legacy.

Is this some sort of joke????

Sent from my iPad using U2 Interference

wMqZXyb.png

#permaban

Now that's an unpopular music/touring opinion.

Biggest WTF of the last 4 years:

Why were Achtung Baby and Zooropa not given proper vinyl reissues, with OST 1 and Pop to come later? Those records have been going for insane prices on ebay, and they've been getting higher for years. Pretty much everyone else has brought back their catelog on vinyl, from REM to Boards of Canada, so why not U2?

Get on it, stupid record label! The dead time over the last couple of years would have been the perfect to drop some wax.

Biggest WTF of the last 4 years:

Why were Achtung Baby and Zooropa not given proper vinyl reissues, with OST 1 and Pop to come later? Those records have been going for insane prices on ebay, and they've been getting higher for years. Pretty much everyone else has brought back their catelog on vinyl, from REM to Boards of Canada, so why not U2?

Get on it, stupid record label! The dead time over the last couple of years would have been the perfect to drop some wax.

I just want a freakin Pop Remaster. Its a shame the band wont touch that era. Re-record a couple of the songs that weren't seen to their full potential and touch up some songs. That would be almost as good as a new album imo.

I just want a freakin Pop Remaster. Its a shame the band wont touch that era. Re-record a couple of the songs that weren't seen to their full potential and touch up some songs.

A thousand times no.

I just want a freakin Pop Remaster. Its a shame the band wont touch that era. Re-record a couple of the songs that weren't seen to their full potential and touch up some songs. That would be almost as good as a new album imo.

Gee, if the Best of 1990-2000 was any indication...

Back
Top Bottom