Concert Bloopers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I believe that this video is one of the most surreal U2 experiences of all time, including Jackie Chan, "Lally", polaroids and a non-functioning guitar in New Year's Day.

YouTube - u2 New Years Day Japanese TV 1983 full improved version

Also, I love how in the Fast Cars video, Larry's face for the whole time is a mixture of "I doon wanna knoo" and "I'm going to murder that bastard".

The Zooropa Adelaide clip got me wondering... Are there any videos or photos of the gig that Adam missed in Sydney?

The Nov 7th Denver Joshua Tree show (filmed for R&H) contains a fair number of lyric flubs by Bono. Late in the tour, he would have well and truly known the words to songs like BTBS by then. It was probably the pressure of knowing the show was being filmed.

Oh don't get me wrong, I think the High C is perrrrfect. But I'd love to find ONE recording of Bad where Bono actually gets the lyrics right. :sigh:

Oh yeah, he's not too great at the ol' lyric brain-tape. You might even say, he's... [wait for it, this punchline is insane] ...bad at it.
crossarmsco2.gif

Edge botching the intro to "In A Little While" TWICE at 260 Phoenix prooved that he is indeed - human. :applaud::applaud:

The best-known disaster was when Bono mis-timed SATS in PopMart Las Vegas and they had to start over.

Also, the stopping in the middle of One and resuming on the first night of this tour.

And every performance of Trip Through Your Wires counts. :wink:

Don't blame Larry. At least HE reads his teleprompter!

:lol::lol::lol:

Viva Las Vegas. That was a damn fine show. Loved that one. I think it might have been better than the Rose Bowl. God knows the crowd vibe seemed better.

Than again, the crowd vibe would have been better at the Rose Bowl if... oh never mind, we all already have complained about the clusterf*ck with the venue security, GA lines and how they let the 'stampede' in.

360 Vegas during MOS as Bono was singing "I was punching in the numbers" either Edge or Larry were singing "I was speeding on the subway" It totally messed us up as we were singing along we burst out laughing.

(I blame Larry)

Oh don't get me wrong, I think the High C is perrrrfect. But I'd love to find ONE recording of Bad where Bono actually gets the lyrics right. :sigh:
According to Bono, "Bad" had no official lyrics to begin with, so it's technically impossible for him to get them wrong.

Just sayin' :wink:

All these cock-ups, but I have long been interested to discover any evidence of Larry EVER making a mistake. The guy is a human drum-machine, I have never heard him mess up or lose time/beat at all. Incredible.

Oh btw Edge fucked up on.. I think SBS Cleveland Elevation. He starts playing and singing the chorus while it should be the prechorus, corrects himself though.

All these cock-ups, but I have long been interested to discover any evidence of Larry EVER making a mistake. The guy is a human drum-machine, I have never heard him mess up or lose time/beat at all. Incredible.

Slane? AOH.

Back
Top Bottom