Compared to Bono, do you think the others remember better?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You don't hear much about any band in between records, that doesn't make them irrelevant...

If their new album is as good as or better than Viva La Vida we're in for a treat.

You don't hear much about any band in between records, that doesn't make them irrelevant...

If their new album is as good as or better than Viva La Vida we're in for a treat.

Absolutely, I'm exited for it.

Although on the relevance thing... not necessarily. I mean, yeah, you certainly hear less about them, but I do find it odd that literally NOTHING has been said about them, at all.

Absolutely, I'm exited for it.

Although on the relevance thing... not necessarily. I mean, yeah, you certainly hear less about them, but I do find it odd that literally NOTHING has been said about them, at all.

That's because you're not looking for it. I'm sure there's a Coldplay forum out there with as much activity about a new album as the cesspool that is WTAHNN.

And I mean if I wasn't a member of interference I wouldn't even know if there was a U2 album on the horizon. Everything that I know about the album that won't be released this year (project zero one, Danger Mouse, club/rock/etc, maybe, we'll see, ad nauseum) I know because I'm a member of this forum.

It's all relative.

That's because you're not looking for it. I'm sure there's a Coldplay forum out there with as much activity about a new album as the cesspool that is WTAHNN.

And I mean if I wasn't a member of interference I wouldn't even know if there was a U2 album on the horizon. Everything that I know about the album that won't be released this year (project zero one, Danger Mouse, club/rock/etc, maybe, we'll see, ad nauseum) I know because I'm a member of this forum.

It's all relative.

I've just been in Coldplay's site in my country, just to check how it is and I'm surprised.

Well I've learned they are rumoured to be writing the Olympic anthem for London 2012 and some other rumours about heir new album, but that is something I could count with, what has surprised me is that they have a thread about U2 with all the history, discography, tours, etc. it almost looked as the biography section of a U2 site, then I've discovered some members of a disappeared U2 fan site, talking among themselves, I haven't been able to find a bad word against U2, much the contrary, they are delighted about Glastonbury as it will feature the two greatest bands in the world. I've felt a bit ashamed of what we say about Coldplay here.

I still don't like Coldplay that much, but their fans have given me a lesson today.

everyone fucks up now and then... even human jukeboxes like springsteen or eddie vedder can screw up songs. i saw vedder fuck up better man. he stopped the song, made fun of himself, said my bad and started it over from the beginning. it was a great moment. it's a tad more forgivable to fuck up a song when in two nights a band plays two 30 song sets with only 8 songs repeating between the two shows... without a teleprompter.

bruce has started using a teleprompter, but he's mixing songs up constantly. you're going to see a completely different show night to night. not to mention bruce is more than just a lead singer... he's like a throwback big band leader who directs the entire thing on stage. he uses the prompter as a safety net. at 60 years old, i can't really blame him for that. he's still out there trying to make every single show special and unique.

that's what's annoying about bono... they more or less play the same show every time out, AND he uses a teleprompter, and he still can't remember the words. it does make you think that he simply doesn't rehearse as much as other artists might... and it does make him seem a bit lazy with his craft. we know he's not lazy, he's working his ass off with all his various projects... but his craft has slipped because of that, and he has even admitted to that himself.

i admire all bono does away from the band. i simply wish he'd let someone else run with the torch a little so that he could concentrate more on his craft. i know this isn't gonna happen though.

It's all relative.

Sure I am. Perhaps not as much as U2... I agree that the only reason that I'm aware of all of the U2 information is because of Interference, but I also hear plenty about other artists not only from here but from other media outlets. Coldplay simply isn't one of them. Other bands that are in their similar position I feel are bands like RHCP or Foo Fighters, where I've heard enough about while hardly putting as much time or effort as I do into U2.

:scratch: your coldplay stance baffles me, and apparently everyone else.

i know full well that coldplay are in the studio recording the follow up to viva la vida with brian eno. i knew foo fighters had a new album when it was released.

Good, is it that hard to be straight forward instead of your petty attempts to belittle me?

Yeah, I knew Coldplay was and has been recording their new album for quite some time. But outside of that, you don't hear too much of anything at all about Coldplay. The only thing I've heard is their forever-rolling release date for their album, much like U2. And they're not even on tour. Nor have they been on tour since like, what, early 2010? About a year ago? They've been just as silent as U2 was before No Line. They're not doing anything.

Good, is it that hard to be straight forward instead of your petty attempts to belittle me?

get over yourself. if i wanted to belittle you, my attempts would be much more than petty, and you and everyone else would know it.

your post was baffling. so i responded "ummm what?" to it. if you consider that an attempt to "belittle" you, then hey, whatever. so be it.

Just sayin, like now and past times before, when people have a question, comment, or concern, they address it. Unlike yourself, who enjoys a

lol_wut1.jpg

style response to everything you disagree with.

they more or less play the same show every time out

Welcome to the world of U2 tours since Zoo TV.

And considering how much snippets he uses, and improvised lyrics/moving on stage, I think he uses the dreaded telemprompter (surely unheard for a rock singer in his 40's or 50's) far less than we think.

U2girl said:
Welcome to the world of U2 tours since Zoo TV.

And considering how much snippets he uses, and improvised lyrics/moving on stage, I think he uses the dreaded telemprompter (surely unheard for a rock singer in his 40's or 50's) far less than we think.

Obviously he doesn't... if we're acting under the assumption that Bono can actually read, then yea... he clearly doesn't look at the teleprompter enough.

That or he can't see it cause, ya know, he's wearing sunglasses at night.

Perhaps they can beam the words right into the shades themselves :hmm:

Back
Top Bottom