Close call for Bono

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Never mind the plane door, who are these four so-called friends? Why isn't he travelling with the band?

I hope Bono's bandmates are ok.

Huh... well, that interview would have been everywhere if it was a different result (which, thankfully, it wasn't).

Thats what you call having good luck. Of course the comments at the bottom of the article show the deep hatred for the man.

Pretty crazy.

The Daily Mail is, since it's a horrible, sensationalist paper, blowing this event totally out of proportion. The Berliner Zeitung, a local Berlin newspapers, reported this yesterday evening, but there was no real danger. Something fell off the plane but it could land savely and everyone is ok, nothing happened and nobody got hurt. The plane was never in danger of crashing. Things like that happen and it certainly sounds shocking, but I can assure you that our man has arrived savely in Berlin and is in good spirit. He met up with German politicians yesterday. So there you go, I think Bono has had to handle worse moments.

Btw, the article claims that the incident happened about 1 hour into the flight, which is crap. The plane lost, according to German airport officials, its tailgate when it was descending to Berlin airport and the gate went down somewhere into the surroundings of the airport. I don't know if any luggage was lost, but the thought of Bono's underwear being scattered across Berlin is somehow amusing. Poor Bono :hug:

The comments on the DM page are beyond nasty :crack:

We are going to attempt to catch a glimpse of the band tonight on the carpet for the Bambi Awards. I wonder if he's staying at the Adlon?

What is a tailgate?

Last time I checked it wasn't a part of a plane. :lmao:

Journalism on its best.

Can you imagine all the stupid txt jokes that would be going around if the worse happened. I think id end up whacking someone.

The comments on the DM page are beyond nasty :crack:

We are going to attempt to catch a glimpse of the band tonight on the carpet for the Bambi Awards. I wonder if he's staying at the Adlon?

Good luck :up: Did you try for tickets? I'm sure they must cost a fortune.

I read yesterday that you need a ticket for the Red Carpet as well. I hope you can still go and catch a glimpse of them. They'll be rehearsing today. I'm sure the band stays at the Adlon again.

Back
Top Bottom