Classics back to full strength next tour?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Look, I'm not a "Pride" fan at all. It does nothing for me, even the recorded version. It's the one U2 "classic" that I'm not a fan of.

I'm not a fan of listening to it live on a bootleg or watching it on one of the DVDs.

But when you're there? In the crowd? With 20,000 other people going "oh oh oh oh!" at the end? I don't know, there's something about that that gets me. It's a very celebratory song to be a part of, when actually in its presence, live.

Yes. I agree. But my point is that Bono sang Pride better on the Vertigo Tour than he had for over a decade prior. So to suggest that if Bono cannot sing Pride like he does on the album then Pride will not improve is just idiotic.

I think you are missing the point. If you would bother to look at the original post followed by my answer it might be clear to you.

I just reacted to the fact that the original poster suggested to higher the key of pride to he original of the U.F. never once was there mentoined anting abot ast tours or whatever.

we can agree on the fact that he sang pride beter than the popmart tor and elevation.

I think you are missing the point. If you would bother to look at the original post followed by my answer it might be clear to you.

I just reacted to the fact that the original poster suggested to higher the key of pride to he original of the U.F. never once was there mentoined anting abot ast tours or whatever.

we can agree on the fact that he sang pride beter than the popmart tor and elevation.

oh I did read the post you were responding to you but I guess I must've skim read it too quickly, sorry about that, I thought you were suggesting that because Bono can't sing it in the original key these days Pride cannot be revived next tour :)

Do not necessarilly need to go to the original- there are alot of things that I like about Pride now that were never present in the 1980s and I think we all agree on that. For example, the ringing guitar tone edge got for Pride on Vertigo was the first time outside of studio that happened. Bono's voice, as we have all said, was better for Vertigo versions of this song than it had been on Elevation, Pop and I am very close to adding zoo tv into that mix, need some more side by side analysis, though.

All I was wondering for this particular song, can they combine finally getting the guitar right with Bono's still improving voice and finish it off by getting Larry to pick up the pace a little bit (see 1984-93 performances of Pride with Larry, but especially those from JT)? Dont need original key necessarily, the studio version has never been re created exactly live and there are probably reasons for that, its not better or worse, just different, IMHO.

I am enjoying reading everyone's responses, even though it has tailed a little off topic. :) Setlist discussions are 2nd to new album and performances of classics discussions for me, so no problem there. Thank you for taking the time to respond, I realize I may be the only one(or at least on of very few) here who really loves to pick apart live performances of Pride through the last 2 decades!

Back
Top Bottom