"City of Blinding Lights" at O'Inauguration sealed "Streets" fate on next tour

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Truthfully, I don't even listen to the original version of Streets that much, because it's far better live. It was one of the highlights of just about every show I went to on the last tour. If they could play Pride, Bullet, WOWY, and One with the same level of passion that they play Streets, I don't think as many people here would be calling for their demise (though I agree if they're going to play any of them like they did on the last tour, they need to go).

COBL is really the only song from HTDAAB I have any desire to hear them bring back for the next tour, except for maybe LAPOE, though I'm sure they'll play Vertigo. COBL has that big sound that Streets has, and in time it may come to have that same anthemic quality that Streets does, but it's never going to replace it.

i have never personally seen a bad performance of streets. it has been played at all 27 concerts i have seen u2 play, and it was always a highlight.

cobl, i don't really care if they ever play again. i like it fine, it was a good start to vertigo, but i don't think its a classic that needs to be carried over to a new tour.

I desperately want Bono to sing the Hear Us Coming verse again regularly. That would bring live performances 90% of the way back to where they were in the 90s for me. THe other 10% would come from Edge switching back to a Gretsch from a Les Paul, which it doesn't sound as good on.

Bono could insert a 10-minute reading of the phone book in the middle of Streets and it would still be better than COBL.

:lol: ... But seriously I like COBL.

But I LOVE streets. Especially on the last tour-

well...the performances did get ruined a bit because of Bono's "THE JOURNEY OF EQUALITY!....AFRICA!....MOUNTAINS AND OCEANS AND PONIES!" yelling he did over all the best parts.

This is BS in my view. Everyone is entitled to their opinion but why can't both Streets and COBL be played in the same set? Maybe COBL could be the opener for an encore or maybe they could do two encores this time.
Streets is not tired and shouldn't be dropped as it is a highlight of the concert for many people and still a live favourite. I agree that they could rotate songs like Pride, Bullet The Blue Sky, New Year's Day, With Or Without You etc but for me Streets has to be a mainstay in their set.
Why should COBL be tied into to the Vertigo tour, I totally disagree with that sentiment. I didn't think much of Vertigo live, but I know that will be played on the next tour and I think COBL will be played as well, as it was one of the best songs live.

I think Streets will never be dropped (or at least never consistently) and that COBL will get a decent run on this tour. Probably not every night, but a decent percent of them. The way it opens makes it a good one for segueing out of a slower/quieter song and warming everyone up again. Mark my words, it will be mid set and coming after slower ballads that fade out at the end. Think All I Want is You and the like.

I think that's going a bit too far.
As Willie Williams has said (I think it was in "U2 tour"?) They tried during the Popmart rehearsals, it didn't work. The band knows Streets is their best song.

In fact, I think it'll be the closer on their last tour.

Back
Top Bottom