Cities that U2 have NEVER stopped in while touring

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have sed it before, and al say it again.....wish promoters etc would show a bit of imagination and come up with cool places to play concerts instead of the run of the mill stadiums etc. Places like Redrocks etc. We have a good venue about 5 miles from here..on the shores of Loch Ness, which already hosts a 2 day festival in summer, easily accomodating 40,000 per day.
Theres a couple of pics to give you an idea of location. It lies on lay lines on the great glen fault, so make an extra special gig!

RockNess1.jpg

rockness9.jpg

REM on this last tour has played in Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania.

They've just played in Columbia, Peru and Bolivia. All countries U2 haven't been to... :madspit:

South America
Porto Alegre, Brazil

We have recieved: Metallica, Eric Clapton, Roger Waters, Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, Bob Dylan, B.B. King, The Cult, Lenny Kravitz, Red Hot Chili Peppers, R.E.M., among many others.

I guess they should also play in other Eastern European cities like Minsk (because i was born there) and even some other Russian cities like St Petersburg. :)

Considering the United States-

I think U2 (and most mega-popular acts) pass up red states, unless there's an arena in a diversely populated city (Miami, Orlando, Tampa, Atlanta, Memphis, Raleigh, Charlotte, Cleveland, Columbus, Cincinnati, Indianapolis, Dallas, Houston, San Antonio, St. Louis, Denver, Salt Lake, Phoenix, Las Vegas, Richmond, New Orleans, etc.).

I guess it all has to do with the level of demand. For the most part, people in Alabama and Mississippi probably listen to country music the most.

I mean- Is there a huge demand for U2 in places like...Alaska?

Considering the United States-

I think U2 (and most mega-popular acts) pass up red states, unless there's an arena in a diversely populated city (Miami, Orlando, Tampa, Atlanta, Memphis, Raleigh, Charlotte, Cleveland, Columbus, Cincinnati, Indianapolis, Dallas, Houston, San Antonio, St. Louis, Denver, Salt Lake, Phoenix, Las Vegas, Richmond, New Orleans, etc.).

I guess it all has to do with the level of demand. For the most part, people in Alabama and Mississippi probably listen to country music the most.

I mean- Is there a huge demand for U2 in places like...Alaska?

Probably more people in Alaska than Hawaii. Although the state has tiny venue, is not a vacation destination and folks are used to spending big bucks.

KISS played Alaska 7-8 years ago. SRV played there in 1990. I think the biggest hockey rink is 7-9,000.

i agree, and though i can't speak for much of those cities, i can attest hardly anyone decent comes to memphis. :sigh: U2 have only been here three times, twice back before they hit it big. the only people who tend to play here on a regular basis are bands like the stones or eagles, then more pop stuff. i remember when the vertigo tour dates were announced, it made the front page of our paper that they weren't coming here. :lol:

A lot of Canada they skip. They've only been to Edmonton once to my knowledge, long before my fandom. And I don't think a trip to Calgary would be worth it. :sigh:

Evidently U2 thought it was worth it on Elevation: U2 shows by city - Calgary - U2 on tour

Ha, I meant for me. I live just outside of Edmonton. Hopefully they haven't been not returning there based on a poor audience. I know some bands don't like Canadian audiences because of their lack of energy.

Hopefully the next tour is big enough to warrant a stop there. It's closer to Fort McMurray than Calgary, and if U2 wants to capitalize in on the oodles of money our richest province has before the oil runs dry they should do it soon.

Ha, I meant for me. I live just outside of Edmonton. Hopefully they haven't been not returning there based on a poor audience. I know some bands don't like Canadian audiences because of their lack of energy.

Hopefully the next tour is big enough to warrant a stop there. It's closer to Fort McMurray than Calgary, and if U2 wants to capitalize in on the oodles of money our richest province has before the oil runs dry they should do it soon.

Yeah, I wasn't sure if you meant for you to get to or for them to bother playing. From what I've heard, it seems U2 get good responses out of Canadian audiences, Montreal in particular. As for Alberta, given that U2 were able to do two Edmonton gigs on Popmart and two Calgary gigs on Elevation, it surprises me that there was nothing in that general region on Vertigo. You'd hope they'll make up for that on the next tour.

4 biggest cities for U2 in NA:

Toronto
NY
Boston
Chicago

Canadians can be a loud crowd if they wish, just serve em enough booze

Add a Molson Park GA concert and they would sell that out in a minute, or maybe they could do a promo stop in Bala for all them rich cottagers in Muskoka

Or do a gig at El Mo or Horseshoe, but what a frenzy that would turn out to be

Back
Top Bottom