Chances of a third "Best Of"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
u22010di9.jpg

01 City of Blinding Lights
02 Vertigo
03 Elevation
04 Unknown Caller
05 Original of The Species
06 Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own
07 Get On Your Boots
08 Mercy [Bonus Track]
09 Breathe
10 Kite
11 The Amazing Spiderman
12 Moment of Surrender
13 Stuck in a web and I Can't get out of it
14 Magnificent
15 Sometimes You Can't Make it On Your Own
16 Kite

Can they actually mix songs from their records with Island with the new songs in the same album? Does Island still owe the copyright to the pre-NLOTH songs?

u22010di9.jpg

02 Vertigo
03 Elevation
04 Unknown Caller
07 Get On Your Boots
08 Mercy [Bonus Track]
09 Breathe
10 Kite
11 The Amazing Spiderman
12 Moment of Surrender
14 Magnificent
16 Kite

Except for the horrible tracklisting (it has Mercy on it.) this is awesome. This cover is PERFECT! Maybe the color around the pic could be a different one, but the pic is perfect.

Well U2 aren't very good at Best Ofs. They ruined the second volume by not picking Please, Lemon and Last Night On Earth and took all of the excitement out of the Pop songs. If that was what they'd have done had they had more time, I'm glad Pop came out as it did, quite franky.

u22010di9.jpg

02 Vertigo
03 Elevation
04 Unknown Caller
07 Get On Your Boots
08 Mercy [Bonus Track]
09 Breathe
10 Kite
11 The Amazing Spiderman
12 Moment of Surrender
14 Magnificent
16 Kite

damn that is a nice pic....it has the airport theme of ATYCLB and a blurry, fiery horizon that relates well to both HTDAAB and NLOTH...:giggle:

Can they actually mix songs from their records with Island with the new songs in the same album? Does Island still owe the copyright to the pre-NLOTH songs?

U2 (or more specifically U2 Limited) own all their own rights, and their move from one record company to another is really only from one label to another within the Universal Music Group.

u22010di9.jpg

02 Vertigo
03 Elevation
04 Unknown Caller
07 Get On Your Boots
08 Mercy [Bonus Track]
09 Breathe
10 Kite
11 The Amazing Spiderman
12 Moment of Surrender
14 Magnificent
16 Kite

That would make a fantastic album cover, love it. :up:

I think its highly likely we'll see another compilation before the next "decade" one.

I think next on the docket in this regard will be something like "The Essential U2", I'm sure you've all seen those "Essential (artist name here)" collections and it will cover the entire breadth of their career.

Record companies realize that compilations make a lot of coin, are cheap to produce, and theres plenty of idiots out there who will buy it.

For a band that's been going for almost 30 years, there will be more and more compilations as time goes on. With the industry in the shitter, we're bound to see more compilations like this to cash in.

I think its highly likely we'll see another compilation before the next "decade" one.

I think next on the docket in this regard will be something like "The Essential U2", I'm sure you've all seen those "Essential (artist name here)" collections and it will cover the entire breadth of their career.

Record companies realize that compilations make a lot of coin, are cheap to produce, and theres plenty of idiots out there who will buy it.

For a band that's been going for almost 30 years, there will be more and more compilations as time goes on. With the industry in the shitter, we're bound to see more compilations like this to cash in.

You may call them idiots in your contemptuous way, but many people buy compilations as an introduction to an artist. Lots of these people then become commited fans.

^Agree, I started with U2 with the 90-00 Best Of and HTDAAB.

From the moment I first saw Beautiful Day and Stuck In A Moment on the Best of 1990-2000 tracklisting, I've thought that the Best Of 2000-2010 would never happen. Because imo, they simply CANNOT release a compilation intended to be composed of tracks released between 2000 and 2010 and NOT put Beautiful Day, their biggest hit and most well-known song of the entire decade, on it. They just can't. The notion of having ATYCLB represented, with Elevation and Walk On and whatever else, but not having Beautiful Day, is absurd to me.

And any 2000-2010 Best Of should have The Ground Beneath Her Feet on it. Surprised those of you who created tracklists left it out.

I think they should just re-release all the albums as remasters (and extra B-sides, remixes, etc), and hold off on the best-ofs. It's not like we don't already have enough greatest hits albums.

From the moment I first saw Beautiful Day and Stuck In A Moment on the Best of 1990-2000 tracklisting, I've thought that the Best Of 2000-2010 would never happen. Because imo, they simply CANNOT release a compilation intended to be composed of tracks released between 2000 and 2010 and NOT put Beautiful Day, their biggest hit and most well-known song of the entire decade, on it. They just can't. The notion of having ATYCLB represented, with Elevation and Walk On and whatever else, but not having Beautiful Day, is absurd to me.

And any 2000-2010 Best Of should have The Ground Beneath Her Feet on it. Surprised those of you who created tracklists left it out.

I agree about BD being on it. Really unless NLOTH has some monster ass hits, i don't see a BO 2000-2010 anytime soon. U218 has all the monster hits from this decade, and is any newbie fans go to guide for getting started with U2. Plus they prolly want that to be the main GH package for fans.

Back
Top Bottom