Cedars of Lebannon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hey Gvox yep i do feel a bit of a plonker about the flag thing now i have been watching a bit of you tube on this. Mind you on the subject of Geography i remember the guy who told me London was a country. Your spelling made me chuckle Panther, unfortunately we still have the odd football moron (i.e hooligans not genuine fans) who kind of does sing it that way, perhaps your spelling had this in mind.

Was funny to hear that journo got some stick, sounded like he went i with his eyes and ears open -to his own preconceptions.

Getting back to what other folks had said i am interested as to how different NLOTh could have been if it leant towards COL, Fez type stuff. Kind of love the mixture anyway. But for the life of me cannot understand how they took so long to make SUC. Likeable but could have done with out it on the album personally. I also think Fez misses something, i like it on the album but am nagged by the feeling it could have been more?

Hi Corianderstem
i think the sparseness and lower vocal range thing is very true, i also love the space between the words, hanging in the air which is perhaps? what you also mean by the sparseness. To me it brings the atmosphere right to me and stimulates my imagination. The vocal delivery and feel reminds me of some of Leonard Cohens stuff. If anybody is interested have posted a link to a song of his The Partisan at the bottom of this page, no worries if not.
Appreciate other peoples songs aren't generally posted on here but was curious concerning this link (or as it seems to me anyway)

By the way your word reminds me of the words in another very beautiful sparse song "Find The River" by REM. Is it coincidence? Also thanks Gvox for your considerate reply and no worries.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oG4ndbhOkpI

Absolutely love it! Have listened to it on repeat many many times.
Agreed, their best album closer since Wake Up Dead Man.
I would love a whole album in this vein...

"The worst of us are a long drawn out confession
The best of us are geniuses of compression"

Words to live by.

And of course, the last line is brilliant.

Back
Top Bottom