CD format over in 2012 ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm an old fart. I buy cds, in fact I bought 14 of the things over 2 weekends a month ago, the second lot from a record store that was closing down. I play them in the car.

It's like how banks want you to use the net or ATMs instead of going into an actual branch, however, there are going to be people who can't/don't use technology. My elderly mother ain't using no ATM, hell, she can't figure out the difference between AM and FM on radios.

I just spent $65 on four CDs from amazon uk because you can't find them here. Could easily have downloaded them for nothing, but fuck that.

The No Line app wasn't exactly a music app though, and it was pretty early in the app era as well.

U2 will be one of the last bands you WILL be able to buy physical editions of - if this article is right.

Yes please I hope so. Will we be able to buy albums and/or singles on vinyl?

About a year ago I started self-publishing some of my own novels. I sell FAR more digital copies for people to read on the Kindle and Nook and such, but they do also print my books on demand for the odd customer. It can't be much harder to make a CD than a book when an actual customer orders one, can it?

Well done :applaud:. I know very little about Kindle. Can't you only buy novels? What about text books? Kindle would be useless when it comes down to coffee table books and atlases wouldn't it? What about really old out-of-print books? Please don't scrap physical books as well :scream: CD's i can cope with. Besides vinyl is better. But if publishers are going to take away our books then that will be a fucking shame. Just stop it!

Can you imagine how old I feel already?

And I had a discman till at least 2003, then I got a crappy mp3 player. Yet we had no Napster, I didn't download music at all. Had all my cds, yet they didn't fit on my crappy player so that had to wait until after I got my 2nd gen U2 iPod in.. 2005 or 6 or something. Then all my cds were on it and I got limewire or so for random tracks.

But I guess the main point is, I still buy cds, I enjoy having a room full of cds, to look at and to have backup copies if my HD crashes. And it's nice decoration and I like to read liner notes. I'm old. Maybe not physically, but mentally I'm very much supposed to have been born in the 70s. :wink:

I still have an original Nintendo Entertainment System as well. Which I got info on yesterday on how to fix. :wink:

Nice

Back
Top Bottom