Can Some One Explain to Me Why there is No Love For Stuck In A Moment?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Justin24

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
That song is by far my Favorite U2 song. Lot's of meaning in that song for me. Yeah the Videos suck, but the song is great and has a Jazz, Blues beat to it. Right after that WTSHNN is my 2nd favorite.

I don't hate it but I don't like it all that much either... It was good live and the acoustic version is lightyears better imo...

I dunno, I think the US Video and the simplistic nature of the song (it has a basic pop song sound) hurt it...

I've just heard it too many damn times.

And the up-and-down-ness of the chorus has began to bug me.

And the album version sounds like it was recorded underwater.

That said, I'd be all over the acoustic version... if they hadn't omitted my favourite line in the entire song :grumpy:

People have listened to it too much, that's all. Once you hear it too many times, you start criticizing for what it could have been, and what it's not.

I like it for what it is. Listen to it like you've never heard of it, and you can appreciate how great it is.

:shrug: One of the best on the album and one of their best pop song/single efforts in this era.

It's one of the band's best songs honestly; and I'm talking about the album version. I love how the lyrics and music basically clash with each other. Honestly I'll never get the hate for this song; I'd rather listen to the album than the acoustic anyday

The acoustic then to full band was a great arrangment for the song. This song would have received more attention (and success) if Bono & Edge would have just done the acoustic version on the album. Great pop song though. In fact U2's best pop song.

Because it comes very close to adult contemporary/pop territory, something quite alien to U2 up until that point, that's why it was a big WTF to many fans when it came out! While I have grown to like the song, the better acoustic version at least... I suppose many fans are still not there yet.

The accoustic version of Stuck is simply fabulous, it made me love the song much more; I'm still not too crazy about the album or the full band version.

On the other hand, I must say I like how they brought together the lyrics which are not really happy with such a poppy sounding song. It's a very hopeful, uplifting song.

I enjoy it acoustically, I think it's horrible musically in the album version. That poppy keyboard is awful.

I like this song when I'm sad, when I feel down. Then it's maybe my favourite U2 song...

The BBC version is one the best live versions. And Irving Plaza. (ATYCLB Promo Tour) Bono put alot of singing into that tune.

This song had words that got me through a little bout with post pardom after my 2nd son was born. I was stuck in a moment, but I couldn't described how I felt and this was definately the way I was feeling at the time. Believe or not, it doesn't bring back bad memories it just makes me smile now. I love it.

Back
Top Bottom