Can I finish my duh moment?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BONO'ppetit

War Child
Holymoly! I came back to ask for more info on the name for the center in front of the U2 stage and found it was prematurely closed. :ohmy:

From my Duh-moment thread:

He's just messing with you.

Since you got your answer already I should probably close this or it will turn into more of that.

The reason I said 'Dayum. I guess not :huh:' was b'c there were more names for the 'elipse' than I realized. I was basically saying, "Wow, I didn't know that". I never thought anything negative of anyone's responses. There was nothing negative in anyone's responses, including mine. I apologize if anyone thought otherwise. :doh:

So, I'm hoping someone could post the other names of the 'elipse' and tell me why they change the name with every tour? I find no obvious correlation with the albums. :scratch: Also, does anyone know what it's going to be called this coming tour? I'm making a shameless plug to U2 on their Imeem page so I have to know. :giggle:

ehm... I think I'm having a duh moment here... Why they change the name for that special spot every tour? Well, maybe it has something to do with the shape... It's kinda weird calling a heart shaped stage an ellipse, isn't it?

So, I'm hoping someone could post the other names of the 'elipse' and tell me why they change the name with every tour? I find no obvious correlation with the albums. :scratch: Also, does anyone know what it's going to be called this coming tour? I'm making a shameless plug to U2 on their Imeem page so I have to know. :giggle:

It was the heart on the Elevation Tour because it was shaped like a heart and the ellipse on the Vertigo Tour because it was shaped like an ellipse.

There is nothing to imply they will even continue to have something like the heart or ellipse on the forthcoming tour. They didn't have one at Vertigo's stadium dates, just two separate b-stages linked to the main stage.

It was the heart on the Elevation Tour because it was shaped like a heart and the ellipse on the Vertigo Tour because it was shaped like an ellipse.

There is nothing to imply they will even continue to have something like the heart or ellipse on the forthcoming tour. They didn't have one at Vertigo's stadium dates, just two separate b-stages linked to the main stage.

Which was, IMO, much cooler than the ellipse.

Vertigo Stadiums :drool:

This tour it's going to be called "the Boot". No lottery, no first come first serve, only the sexiest boots get you in...

It's a confirmed rumor.

They didn't have one at Vertigo's stadium dates, just two separate b-stages linked to the main stage.

That's true, thou at the stadium gig I went to they did have a rather large area (too large imo) at the front of the that only certain people could get into.

It appeared to me it was pot luck as to which stadium gate you had on your GA ticket, and where you ended up in the stadium (manchester)

Unfortunately, I was behind the separating barrier

Back
Top Bottom