Boy Falls From The Sky

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jarvio

War Child
What's the deal with this song? As in:

1 - Is it a legitimate U2 song, written and performed by the band?
2 - It was for some spiderman project right? What was this project, and were there any other U2 songs for that, or just this one?
3 - Does the song have a proper release? The only mp3 I could find of it was a low quality recording, which is some sort of rehersal/performance, with count-ins and words like 'bridge' and 'outro' being said now and then, like they were testing it out.

Such a good song. By far the best song that came out of the 2010 experimentation, other than maybe EBW (before EBW was destroyed). Too bad it never got an official U2 release.

The most official version of it is the version from the soundtrack itself, with Reeve Carney and featuring Bono/Edge. I quite like it.

The one live performance, from Portugal in 2010, I think is fantastic. That's probably what you've listened to. I believe there's an IEM recording of it, which would fit your description.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

1 - it isn't u2, although it MAY have started that way given it is one of the Rick Rubin session beach clips. It is just Bono and Edge, and played live by U2 once in Coimbra during 360.

2 - it was for Spider-Man turn off the dark - Bono and edge's Broadway show. There is a cast recording with Reeve Carney singing.

3 - the one you have is the best U2 recording - it is an IEM from the Coimbra show, the voice over is the metronome and count-in the band get through the ear piece. The only other recordings are either inferior bootlegs from the same show, or the beach clip mentioned above.

Thanks for the info guys, much appreciated.

I guess I should re-label this on my itunes from U2 to just Bono And The Edge then...

3 - the one you have is the best U2 recording - it is an IEM from the Coimbra show, the voice over is the metronome and count-in the band get through the ear piece. The only other recordings are either inferior bootlegs from the same show, or the beach clip mentioned above.

Also rehearsed before the Auckland shows

No what you have is U2 playing the song live. So it's labeled correctly.

It's an absolute travesty that they waisted Boy Falls From The Sky on that piece of shit musical. I hope it sees the light if day as a U2 recording at some point, even as a B side.

Thanks for the heads up - it shall remain labelled as U2 then :D

I agree, they should release it as a B-Side. When was the last actual U2 B-Side excluding covers, live versions, and remixes etc? Just a song written by U2? I believe it was "Are You Gonna Wait Forever", but damn, that was so long ago now.

Also rehearsed before the Auckland shows

It was rehearsed about eight million times. I parked next to the stadium, got out of the car to One Tree Hill and then got treated to hours of this.

In fact I was standing next to the person who recorded that video.

They had lights for it and all - gutted that I've been one of the people who've heard it "live" the most, and yet never actually saw it.

Edit: LOL I forgot that's my sister awkwardly standing in the video at one point.

What's the deal with this song? As in:

1 - Is it a legitimate U2 song, written and performed by the band?
2 - It was for some spiderman project right? What was this project, and were there any other U2 songs for that, or just this one?
3 - Does the song have a proper release? The only mp3 I could find of it was a low quality recording, which is some sort of rehersal/performance, with count-ins and words like 'bridge' and 'outro' being said now and then, like they were testing it out.
1. Yes, well Bono/Edge.
2. Spiderman musical which Bono/Edge wrote. There are many Bono/Edge written songs from the musical.
3. There's a soundtrack album released., "A Boy" was played live on the 360 tour and there's a few YouTube videos of it. It was also performed on the US X Factor with Bono/Edge and the lead from the musical.

1. Yes, well Bono/Edge.
2. Spiderman musical which Bono/Edge wrote. There are many Bono/Edge written songs from the musical.
3. There's a soundtrack album released., "A Boy" was played live on the 360 tour and there's a few YouTube videos of it. It was also performed on the US X Factor with Bono/Edge and the lead from the musical.

BFFTS wasn't performed on the US X factor that was rise above with reeve carney

Didn't the original programs for Spider Man say the song was written by U2, but then later changed it to Bono and Edge?

Do Bono and The Edge perform the other songs from the soundtrack too? Or did they just write them?

Do Bono and The Edge perform the other songs from the soundtrack too? Or did they just write them?

They wrote them all, and perform on some. Edge sings Sinistereo, Bono does backing vocals on A Freak Like Me Needs Company and Picture This. They both perform on Rise Above 1.

Back
Top Bottom