Boy Falls From The Sky

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DGP00666

The Fly
Is it just my impression or Boy Falls From The Sky sounds amazing on the beach clips? I can even hear reminiscences from The Unforgettable Fire. Oh boy, do I need a new album.

Love the song. Love Reeve Carney's vocal on the official Turn Off The Dark soundtrack. I like the song better than about half of NLOTH. It's a big tune.

The song's climactic section always gets me:

The city conducts a symphony
I'll search through the trash for a melody
That might lead us back to dignity
In this junkyard of humanity
To let you goooooo without regret
I will forever hold you always in my heart instead
Over the screams and the siren's wail
The only thing not up for sale
Our love is like lights on a midnight train
Hearts like thunder with no sign of rain
Lightning splits the sky, and kisses your face
Yours is the sacrifice, YOOOOOURS is the grace
I hear your voice inside my head
I will listen to nobody, not to no one else
From the bridge where we both stood and stole the view
I saw the you in me and the me in you
These are the threads that bind
The ones we have to weave
They will hold us true
I believe
I belieeeeeeeeeeeve
Beliiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiieve
Believe
Believe
AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHh

The Turn Off The Dark soundtrack, at least on this particular forum, is probably the most underrated thing that U2 has ever been associated with. Nobody talks about it. There are a handful of legitimately kickass tunes on that bitch. Let's go. Go Illini.

I like "Boy Falls From The Sky". Maybe one day U2 will release a version for a fan club release or something.

I prefer it with Bono's vocals though, love the life version of Coimbra!

:up: Wow! I'd never heard of this song until now! I gave a listen to Reeve Carney's version from Broadway sessions, then U2's version from Coimbra and then the version they did on 60 minutes. It's no surprise I love U2's version. Bono's voice just adds so much depth to the song.

Thank you for this post. I love finding new U2 material to listen to in this very dry spell!

The Coimbra version is amazing. I wish that there would be a proper U2 release of the song.

I used to listen to that beach clip a lot long before the Spider-man show existed, enough so that I knew the tune and lyrics well enough to get it stuck in my head all the time. Sometimes I'd be singing or humming it randomly, and we still didn't know a thing about it! After we started hearing about Spider-man I remember we began to speculate if it was a Spider-man song because of the title and lyrics. Very cool when it became a real thing, to already know the song so well! :D

:up: Wow! I'd never heard of this song until now! I gave a listen to Reeve Carney's version from Broadway sessions, then U2's version from Coimbra and then the version they did on 60 minutes. It's no surprise I love U2's version. Bono's voice just adds so much depth to the song.

Thank you for this post. I love finding new U2 material to listen to in this very dry spell!

:reject: Wish I hadn't posted that with the horrible typo in it though. I meant Live version of course.

I´ve listened currently to Spiderman soundtrack and Reeves sucks big time, God bless U2 played this one live at Coimbra. It is an absolute monster live. I hope it won´t be forgotten!

Was the Coimbra performance the only show where this amazing song was performed? If so, I cannot describe how happy I am they played it at leas once. It´s so much better than Carney version...

The Turn Off The Dark soundtrack, at least on this particular forum, is probably the most underrated thing that U2 has ever been associated with. Nobody talks about it. There are a handful of legitimately kickass tunes on that bitch. Let's go. Go Illini.

We prefer to pretend Turn Off The Dark never existed. Life is better that way.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using U2 Interference mobile app

Definitely my favorite from the 2010 unreleased live songs, and much better thsn the soundtrack version. Hope this sees a proper U2 release some day, along with the original version of Mercy

Back
Top Bottom