Bono's Peak

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
can you be more specific?

I was going to say 85 - 92. He had different sort of peaks at different times. 80's raw power peak, 90's falsetto peak :drool:
I'm gonna have to agree with that. Falsetto as macphisto singing lemon or dgpfycc is absolutley :love: And the 80's --rattle& hum , lovetown... guh. Raw Power indeed.

I hate the falsetto.

:|

I don't mind the falsetto in Lemon, but I think part of the reason is because I much enjoy the portion when he slides from the false into his normal voice.

"And I feel, like I'm slowly slowly slowly slipping under"

Some of Adam's best work too.

can you be more specific?

I was going to say 85 - 92. He had different sort of peaks at different times. 80's raw power peak, 90's falsetto peak :drool:

1986-06-15 - East Rutherford
1989-12-26 - Dublin
1992 ZooTV
1995 Modean and TSOHOSOS
2006 5th leg 2007-09 performences

2002-now. Not that I don't LIKE older songs/tours/vocals, but technically speaking, he has been singing much better.

1986-06-15 - East Rutherford
1989-12-26 - Dublin
1992 ZooTV
1995 Modean and TSOHOSOS
2006 5th leg 2007-09 performences

Indeed. I really can't tolerate large doses of his JT Tour/R&H album voice (although I do like it in small bits, and he sounded great on the JT album).

Probably Zoo TV. Developing some nice falsetto skills while still keeping most if not all of the power, yet showing restraint. The only downside is he smoked the natural tone of his voice.

The 80's power is impressive and my favourite tone but the caps lock singing gets tiresome at times.

That said, I really enjoy the new and improved voice in the last few years since Electrical storm too. The voice isn't as shot as it was on Elevation, the helium tone from Popmart is gone too. A more healthy tone, better technique and he's pulling notes he hasn't really done a long, long time. Somehow he's sounding thinner, starting in 1997. The downside to this is also he can't seem to sound consistently strong on the last two tours. Let's see what happens on this tour.

zoo tv era...........just listen to the zooropa boot from dublin in 93. tour de force. awesome.

Back
Top Bottom