Bonos most emotional moments

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Oh I remember that, I thought that was so sweet. I really wish I could go to a last show some time.

Wasn't there a very emotional One on Popmart after Michael Hutchence died? Was it Australia? And Never Tear Us Apart played on the PA after the band left the stage?

Oh, for the opposite end of the spectrum, how about pissed off Bono? The Bullets from the Wembley Zoo TV shows, in the part of the show after the Sarajevo link-ups? Holy shit.

Bad from the Popmart show in Perth, Australia is extremely emotional. Bono was close friends with Michael Hutchence who had just died a few days before, IIRC. Heavy grief in him throughout the entire song, he almost breaks down at one point.

Oh, for the opposite end of the spectrum, how about pissed off Bono? The Bullets from the Wembley Zoo TV shows, in the part of the show after the Sarajevo link-ups? Holy shit.

The PopMart Leeds show features a rather pissed-off, fired-up Bono. It really comes through in the bootlegs, but not so much on the videos (I've only found youtube links for a few songs and they're not great quality). This was the show after George Harrison lumped them together with the Spice Girls and said that no one would remember U2 in 20 years.

The reality is they are probably happier now than then so I don't know how heavy they can go now.

Oh, I agree. In one way, I think that might be a reason why there's a little less punch to the music and lyrics now, but that's fodder for a different thread.

BONO SMASH!!!!!!

grrrrrr

4+Pop.jpg

Not sure if that helps. :eyebrow: And now my 31-year-old used-to-be-videogame-playing self feels old. :sigh:

:lol: When all else fails, beat the shit out of it!

OMG, what about the Tacoma Zoo show where Larry fucked up the beginning of Pride and Bono hurled his mic at him?

I can't find video, but the on the bootleg, you can totally hear this *whump!* Ha ha haaaaa.

Back
Top Bottom