Bono's Gates-Everything you know is wrong

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It's something like 'tread softly for my dreams are buried here' and something about his mother. Sorry I don't have the full text, but someone here must.

Is it related to this Yeats' poem: "I have spread my dreams under your feet;
Tread softly, because you tread on my dreams." ?

Bono snippeted that a couple of times during Love is Blindness.

Is it related to this Yeats' poem: "I have spread my dreams under your feet;
Tread softly, because you tread on my dreams." ?

Bono snippeted that a couple of times during Love is Blindness.

yea that's what it sounds like......if it is, cool! i've always liked that one....a really great little poem

I wish this was asked last week. I went to see his gates last Tuesday

:wave:Thanks for your replies-What I was actually looking for was the words to the bit about what one can learn from a train,telephone & telegram which is on the gate under the heading Everything you know is wrong.Hoping someone has written it down

:wave:Thanks for your replies-What I was actually looking for was the words to the bit about what one can learn from a train,telephone & telegram which is on the gate under the heading Everything you know is wrong.Hoping someone has written it down

Now if I could just blow up my pic big enough to read it all we'd be in good shape...alas I can't so it'll have to remain a mystery for now.

It says :

"My name is Ozymandius, King of Kings.
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair."

Everything you know is wrong (full text)

Does anyone have the full text of what is written on Bono's gates at his home in Dublin?

After a little bit of investigation work and having a photo of the gates, i found the script online. It is from the Jewish Culture and there are a few extra lines. I posted the Gate Text in my Blog today.

And here it is - Sam Lyons Blog: EVERYTHING YOU KNOW IS WRONG

That's great :up:

I've also heard something about the lines on the door to Dante's inferno: If you enter here, leave all hope behind.

I once read a long interview with the artist who did the artwork on Bono's gates many years ago. He talked about Bono choosing those particular lines from the Bible, and I remember him also saying that it's a shame Bono cannot come out to read what's written on the door himself because there are always people around who would stalk him immediately. :lol:

Though I doubt it. I guess B has had plenty opportunity to read what's on his gates.

I guess he doesn't mind people hanging around his gates ... otherwise why give them something to read? :wink:

Distraction, so he can slip out the back gate unseen; beware the unseen Bono!

Yes I guess he uses the back gate more often, there are stairs that lead directly to the beach. Seems more fun than having dozens of people come up to you and surround your car whenever you try to leave your house through the main gate.

Back
Top Bottom