Bono's Eyes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yeah, he's going to die. Obviously.

Eventualy.

Then again, the average life expectancy is around 80, so I'd say he's got a couple of years to go before dying. :wink:

I'm sure this story is mostly BS but speaking from personal experience, I have very blue eyes and I've been told by doctors since I was ten years old that If I didn't wear sunglasses as often as possible I would have serious eye problems when I get older.

I also happen to be incredibly sensitive to bright lights and have to wear a towel over my eyes if I'm at the dentist or it becomes very painful. That being said, I doubt Bono is going blind any time soon.

I agree about Julian. It seems like a really unprofessional thing to say. Like, you just shouldn't be talking about your friends with journalists, probably.

Alan Davies and John Barrowman have also done the same thing. Talking to the press about a friend in an unprofessional manner, when they should have kept their mouth shut. However, we suspect that Barrowman quote was embedded and exaggerated, so in his case I will retract that statement and apologise. The thing about John Barrowman is that he comes across as a nice, warm chap, but the guy has a massive ego. The other week in our shop I spotted two of his biography books next to each other on the shelf, we never put out doubles. When I told Mick he asked "well who did that?", and I accidently said "John Barrowman". It's not so much of a stretch to think that he would put two books out about himself.

Deteriorating sounds like he's going blind. As mum gets older she has to wear reading glasses , and she's got very tiny cataracts which she has to have checked on every few years. Still I wouldn't say that her eyesight is deteriorating. Loads of people wear reading glasses. She's not going blind.

Sorry, I didn't know where to put this but I felt that it needed to be put somewhere here.

Bono is mocked everywhere.

This is a picture of useless products and it also has a picture of a microphone shaped sponge for you to use as a microphone at the shower. Look at the model who is using it. I just couldn't stop laughing.
9GAG - Take my money 7th picture

I always thought the sunglasses story was such bullshit. I'm reminded of Shades in That Thing You Do! being told by the manager to always wear the shades. You're the cool guy!

Granted, he might have been wearing shades for so long that his eyes have adjusted to the low light. Now when he steps outside he is hit in the face with a flashbang of light for a good minute. It's his own fault, damn it. :D

Maybe in a few years we can get Bono looking like a T-1000. No one will call them a dad band anymore and all the U2 problems will resolve themselves. :hmm:

:wink: Well sorry but you've obviously never had or known someone with fair blue eyes who also has that condition he has mentioned plenty of times. It's very real and very painful and can yes cause physically noticeable redness, swelling, and all around yuckiness. (And we've also seen Bono wearing eyepatches and stuff which support that.)

That said, I :heart: Shades. I love That Thing You Do. :love:

Wait... Bono has sensitivity to flashes from cameras and to the sun. Hmmm... I guess my eyes have been deteriorating since I was able to talk, because the same is true for me! I wear shades anytime I'm outside - in fact, it's recommended to have UV protection for your eyes. And flashes cause every problems - imagine hundreds going off for hours at a time!

This article is just silliness and I wouldn't be surprised if Julian Lennon has nothing to do with those "comments".

^ Yes, me too, I wear shades even if it's cloudy. My eyes are very sensitive. The sunlight is the worst, but snow is also bad and when it's windy, my eyes start swelling and tearing immediatly. When I look into a bright light or flash, I see it for more than a minute after it's gone and dark again. There are days when I even have troubles reading because my eyes are swollen and hurt and they get tired soon. I have bright blue eyes and I have been dealing with this kind of issue for years now. Imagining all the flash lights Bono has to look into so many times I don't have any problem believing the "story". If you look closely on many pictures you can clearly see his right eye swollen and red. I don't think it's "bullshit" at all.

But, of course, there's part vanity, too, and it's just a part of his image and his public persona now.

He should just go back to wearing the oversized Zoo TV Fly shades 24/7. It would be a nice "fuck you" to his detractors who accuse him of being vain and pretentious for wearing shades at all. Rock stars shouldn't have to explain themselves. They are ROCK STARS for feck's sake! :wink:

Maybe he should just walk around with a welder's mask. If you're going to commit to it, commit to it.

Back
Top Bottom