Bono's Craziest Onstage Moments

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MikeyJB

Refugee
He takes a spill and goes for a good audience run int he werchter festival proshot video from the 80's.

Bono falling on the walkway was from Miami 2001, opening night of the tour.

London 1993 - the selected lady got a little overeager on Bono. 2-3 audience videos exist.

Vancouver 1992 - Pride mic throwing incident

Bono Elevation SNL(2001) & IWF lapdance(2004)

Didn't Bono during a show go after a fan on the Elevation Tour? I'm thinking it was in Minneapolis?

Could you or someone please elaborate on this?

Also, what about the time in the early days when he jumped off a balcony(in U2 by U2) come to think about it, it could have been as late as UF tour in a small arena somewhere.

Lets use this thread to post images or footage of Bono's more crazy onstage activities. I'm sure theres plenty out there - post from any gigs, TV performances, etc, etc - I'm sure theres some great snippets we can enjoy!

I'll start off with some -

YouTube - U2 - Electric Co. - US Festival 1983

YouTube - U2 BAD Live Aid 1985

YouTube - U2- Surrender Live 1983

YouTube - RARE U2 UNTIL THE END OF THE WORLD BRIT AWARDS 2001

You get the idea

Climbing those stage riggings like he did during Electric Co performances is stark goddamn crazy! Never understood that. I work security at concerts and all permanent stages have something similar to what he climbs to get to the top and wave the white flag. On a lonely, boring overnight shift, my curiosity got the best of me and I started to climb up one of those little ladders(which the lighting/rigging crew only does w/safety equiptment) and got scared off my ass 1/4 of the way up and climbed down.

For someone who claims to be afraid of heights, I'll never get how Bono did that. Must have been just caught up in the intensity of the moment, and MOST importantly, not looked down or thought about what he was doing too much. Those things are narrow with very little margin for error, as I found out 1st hand.

"turn of your fucking cell phone" -most genuine 5 second of bono in 15 years, then his takes it back..carry that weight

Climbing those stage riggings like he did during Electric Co performances is stark goddamn crazy!

For someone who claims to be afraid of heights, I'll never get how Bono did that. Must have been just caught up in the intensity of the moment, and MOST importantly, not looked down or thought about what he was doing too much. Those things are narrow with very little margin for error, as I found out 1st hand.

Yeah, he said about that "adrenaline is a powerful drug" or something like that. Brilliant stunt though, do you think he told anyone - band, security, etc - that he was going to do it?

That Fly clip is a bit raunchy isn't it?? Hehe, thought he was actually shagging that fan during the solo :lol:

YouTube - U2 - Breathe + Get on Your Boots (Friday Night with Jonathan Ross)

See Breathe.

Yeah, he said about that "adrenaline is a powerful drug" or something like that. Brilliant stunt though, do you think he told anyone - band, security, etc - that he was going to do it?

That Fly clip is a bit raunchy isn't it?? Hehe, thought he was actually shagging that fan during the solo :lol:

YouTube - U2 - Breathe + Get on Your Boots (Friday Night with Jonathan Ross)

See Breathe.

Just a bit. The young lady was over excited and I think Bono handled it well.
He did seem to be enjoying himself. :sexywink:

Climbing the stage during Electric co :yes:

According to At the end of the world, at the second Japan show he went crowdsurfing.

That is amazing!! I'd read about that performance, where he splits his trousers, but that has got to be just about the craziest performance from Bono right there!

According to At the end of the world, at the second Japan show he went crowdsurfing.

Yeh I've heard of that as well, I'd kill to see footage of that, apparentely he ran around the outside of the standing area during Streets. I can't even imagine that!! Has anyone heard of Manchester on the Elevation tour - he jumped offstage during The Fly and got out the front of the arena or something like that?? How would that work, surely he'd just be mobbed! Keep em coming!

First night of Elevation, I think it was Miami.

Yup, Sunrise arena in the Ft. Lauderdale area (they called it Miami, though). I was there, and it seemed like forever before he climbed back up. This might have been the only time where it would have been appropriate to ask...

Is Bono okay? :sad:

Reminds me of that Canadian date during the Vertigo tour I heard about where some female got too frisky during Yahweh.

Didn't he put a stop to that one, though? He was certainly, um, involved in the Fly clip.

Back
Top Bottom