Bono's Craziest Onstage Moments

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Didn't he put a stop to that one, though? He was certainly, um, involved in the Fly clip.

Yea, he told her no about three times. Then put her in security's hands to go back onto the floor. Larry's deathstare as he walks by later is totally awesome.

He was involvedin the Fly vid, he actually met the girl(Melpop) a couple of years later in Dublin. He gave her and her friend a ride in his car.

It's obviously not available on YouTube, but I would give anything to see the early gig in the USA circa 1981 when Bono lost it on Larry and attacked the drum kit onstage. Edge, ever the pissed-off professional, then went after Bono and slugged him across the kisser.

Of course they laugh about it now, but it must have been a major moment at the time.

It's obviously not available on YouTube, but I would give anything to see the early gig in the USA circa 1981 when Bono lost it on Larry and attacked the drum kit onstage. Edge, ever the pissed-off professional, then went after Bono and slugged him across the kisser.

Of course they laugh about it now, but it must have been a major moment at the time.

Yeh that would amazing to watch. I'd also love to watch the US show where Bono jumped off the balcony onto the crowd below!

Yeah, he said about that "adrenaline is a powerful drug" or something like that. Brilliant stunt though, do you think he told anyone - band, security, etc - that he was going to do it?

That Fly clip is a bit raunchy isn't it?? Hehe, thought he was actually shagging that fan during the solo :lol:

YouTube - U2 - Breathe + Get on Your Boots (Friday Night with Jonathan Ross)

See Breathe.

Yes, security and band and everyone knew he was going to climb the stage on the October/War outdoor dates, he did it at almost all of them.

Is this the one where Bono tells the story of Edge breaking his nose during Electric co at the RR Hall of Fame(New Haven he thinks) or was this another time? I dont recall a Bono-Larry dispute being part of that story. Anyone know any more about this?

Is this the one where Bono tells the story of Edge breaking his nose during Electric co at the RR Hall of Fame(New Haven he thinks) or was this another time? I dont recall a Bono-Larry dispute being part of that story. Anyone know any more about this?

Yeah I think there the same stories, it was New Haven 1981 , the incident is briefly described in the U2 by U2 book, Bono kept counting in the song but Larry wouldnt come in, this happend a few times, Bono thought Larry was having a laugh making him look stupid so he fell in a rage, really Larry was just trying to fix his kit, it wasent fixed to the floor and the toms had moved away from playing, Bono didnt notice this so he went back smashed the kit to one side to get at Larry, Larry walked offstage, and Edge knocked some sense into Bono,

I heard that Edge and Bono had a fist fight on the Zoo Tv tour aswell, can anyone back this up or is it bs?

I can't see Bono ever attempting a stunt like Eddie Vedder did in 1992:

YouTube - Eddie Vedder

Fuckin hell!! How did they ever claw him outta there??! See my first post for Bono riding the camera crane but he was obviously too chicken to dive into the pit.

Lets hope the upcoming tour brings more additions to this thread, I wanna see Bono scaling the lighting rigs again!! :applaud:

During the first U2 show I attended, at the Hampton Coliseum in Virginia in March of 1992, Bono jumped onto a moving camera platform hanging above the stage and rode it around its track above the audience a couple of times.

u2%20stuff

:angry:

Attachments

• Dave_BONO_05.jpg
    Dave_BONO_05.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 45
That Electric Co. 1981 performance is crazy!!! I wish father future met them after that performance.

U2: Who are you?
Father Future: I'm from the future, in 20 years you'll write a song called Grace.

Did Bono (or the band) use to perform drunk during the ZooTV. A friend of mind said she saw them in Kansas City during ZooTV and she told me Bono was wasted. True?

For those that have the full USFEST footage you can see mcGuiness chewing out Bono before and after the encore. A post show meeting resulting in that show having Bono's last stage climb, although he still ventured into the audience.

Actually, is there any great footage of Bono running through the GA pit in 2001. I know he did it opening night in Miami that can be sorta seen int he audience video.

Yeah I think there the same stories, it was New Haven 1981 , the incident is briefly described in the U2 by U2 book, Bono kept counting in the song but Larry wouldnt come in, this happend a few times, Bono thought Larry was having a laugh making him look stupid so he fell in a rage, really Larry was just trying to fix his kit, it wasent fixed to the floor and the toms had moved away from playing, Bono didnt notice this so he went back smashed the kit to one side to get at Larry, Larry walked offstage, and Edge knocked some sense into Bono,

I heard that Edge and Bono had a fist fight on the Zoo Tv tour aswell, can anyone back this up or is it bs?

Something definitely happend during a performance of Bullet the Blue Sky on the Zoo TV tour. I remember hearing that Bono got really upset at some point, I'm not sure if he and Edge had a fist fight but something definitely happend. Anyone remember?

I dont' think there is video of it but there was an incident at the "Save the Yuppie" concert U2 performed in San Francisco in '87. Bono goes off on a fan that is waving a sign that says SF U2. Bono thinks it stands for Sinn Fein and yells at the guy for having the nerve to wave such a sign. It is clear to everyone else though that it stands for San Francisco U2.

I think his jump off the stage at Live Aid in 1985 was one if the most dangerous moves he ever did for himself as well as risking those upfront that attended & the band chewed him out for that. I caught the St. Paddy's show in Boston back in 1992 & Bono got so wasted that the next night at the Meadowlands he had to stumble his way thru that show. I remember he also dove head first into the audience at the old Capitol Theatre in Passaic, N.J. back during the War Tour...wow I am giving away my age here

I dont' think there is video of it but there was an incident at the "Save the Yuppie" concert U2 performed in San Francisco in '87. Bono goes off on a fan that is waving a sign that says SF U2. Bono thinks it stands for Sinn Fein and yells at the guy for having the nerve to wave such a sign. It is clear to everyone else though that it stands for San Francisco U2.

YouTube - U2 - Sunday Bloody Sunday [Save The Yuppies Free Concert]

Yes, one of my favorites. You can tell the rest of the band, especially Larry, are looking for an opportunity to get Bono's attention and tell him what the sign actually stood for!

In Bono's defense: 1.)They were touring like crazy that fall and were absolutely huge everywhere they went. In all the chaos, he maybe did not get the "SF" sign or exactly remember what city he was in. Plus, I am sure he was so used to those signs representing sinn fein.
2.)It was a couple days after the remembrance day Eniskillen bombing by the IRA. Probably the most cowardly thing they ever did.

Bono threw his wireless mic at larry at one of the stadium vancouver shows in 1992. They went for the encore break a song or two early.

Bono once broke Edge's amp with a guitar. I think Bono also broke some of O'Herlihy's PA equipment pre-BOY.

At the Vancouver Vertigo tour rehearsals I heard Bono attempt singing Sunday Bloody Sunday in it's original key. It was abandoned after the second line.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom