Bono was receiving Scientology auditing ??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AtomicLemon

War Child
Scientology Tried To Recruit Brad Pitt & Bono, Reveals Church Leader’s Niece Jenna Miscavige Hill | Radar Online

“I heard he [Bono] was receiving Scientology auditing and was at one of the Celebrity Centre Galas. Why would he need auditing? Scientology markets itself to everyone, it can deal with everything from marital problems to public speaking. He’s a human, so he still needs those things.”

:|

WTF is auditing? And wow, Scientology.. why is this shit getting thrown around? I love the “I heard" and "she'd been told" .. reeks of bullshit.

Last edited:
Almost as bad as being a member of the Catholic Church.

All relgions is equal to each other, well Christianity has done alot more worse things in history then Scientology... If Bono still want to believe in myths, I think the Scientology is a cleaner religon in some view. At least Scientology havent a god who have murder over 20 000 000 people, which the christian relgion have(to me it is a clue that a nice person like Bono who Is working for human rights can praise a god that have murder more people then Hitler, Stalin...).

Scientology appears to be effective at helping people get their shit together and accomplish goals. Sure, there's all the Thetan/Xenu/alien bullshit, but nothing any more laughable than what can be found in the fantastical fables that make up all other major religions' origin stories.

All relgions is equal to each other, well Christianity has done alot more worse things in history then Scientology... If Bono still want to believe in myths, I think the Scientology is a cleaner religon in some view. At least Scientology havent a god who have murder over 20 000 000 people, which the christian relgion have(to me it is a clue that a nice person like Bono who Is working for human rights can praise a god that have murder more people then Hitler, Stalin...).

This is about as simple minded a post I've read in some time.

Religion is the worst thing that human being invented and it will end up killing us all. Sorry about this statement if it might hurt some of you, but that's the way I see it. Imagine a world without it, no more war, no more power games, no more believes that some people are better than others. Just live you life in peace without any judgement and leave everyone quiet!!!

Religion is the worst thing that human being invented and it will end up killing us all. Sorry about this statement if it might hurt some of you, but that's the way I see it. Imagine a world without it, no more war, no more power games, no more believes that some people are better than others. Just live you life in peace without any judgement and leave everyone quiet!!!

Coming from a major critic of religion, you seriously believe there would be no more war if religion ceased to exist?

Coming from a major critic of religion, you seriously believe there would be no more war if religion ceased to exist?

I believe more than 60-70% of the wars are religion/ethnical oriented, yes.
Of course some other examples will contradict my statement, but the high majority are about religion or believes.

You have already contradicted yourself by saying 60 or 70 percent of all wars being related to religion (and ethnicity doesn't have to be necessarily defined or manipulated by religion in conflicts) after stating that there would be no more war if religion is gone.

I'd hardly call religion in general a good thing, but I wouldn't use excessive hyperbole to back up my arguments.

... says the person who's username is quite literally "God oh my God"

You have already contradicted yourself by saying 60 or 70 percent of all wars being related to religion (and ethnicity doesn't have to be necessarily defined or manipulated by religion in conflicts) after stating that there would be no more war if religion is gone.

I'd hardly call religion in general a good thing, but I wouldn't use excessive hyperbole to back up my arguments.

Ethnic wars are in general about religion or tradition not pleasing 2 or more ethnic groups. So yes, it has to do with religion and/or traditions.

Anyway, look at the current world.....

Of course some other examples will contradict my statement, but the high majority are about religion or believes.

Youd be flat wrong then. Its about control. Strategic control.

Ethnic wars are in general about religion or tradition not pleasing 2 or more ethnic groups. So yes, it has to do with religion and/or traditions.

Anyway, look at the current world.....

Like I said - not necessarily. Many, many wars have been fought between two different ethnic groups that follow the same religion. So, equating ethnicity and religion as a general principle to substantiate your claim is a dodgy argument.

This is about as simple minded a post I've read in some time.

And what is so simple-minded about that? Please explain...

Religon makes worse of a lot, how come that states in the Usa that have more relgion have more crimes(murder, theft...), more divorce, less educated, lower iq and the less relgion(more athiests) the lower it is on those things. So what good with relgion?

Religon makes worse of a lot, how come that states in the Usa that have more relgion have more crimes(murder, theft...), more divorce, less educated, lower iq and the less relgion(more athiests) the lower it is on those things. So what good with relgion?

How does this have to do with anything I've said in this thread?

I've always pretty much thought that if religion didn't exist, we'd just find something else to fight about.

I've always pretty much thought that if religion didn't exist, we'd just find something else to fight about.
I agree. It's not just about religion, it's about power and money. (Well, power = money).

Provocative meaning douchebag

FUCK-u.gif

Almost as bad as being a member of the Catholic Church.

:rimshot:

Laz was provocative before it was mainstream.

:lol: Good one

All relgions is equal to each other, well Christianity has done alot more worse things in history then Scientology... If Bono still want to believe in myths, I think the Scientology is a cleaner religon in some view.

:lmao:

Religion is the worst thing that human being invented and it will end up killing us all. Sorry about this statement if it might hurt some of you, but that's the way I see it....Just live you life in peace without any judgement and leave everyone quiet!!!

:applause: :yes: :up:

A great deal less, yes.

:yes:

No, he clarified his bombastic statement.

... says the person who's username is quite literally "God oh my God"

:lol: Good one!

As if God himself has killed millions of people. That's exactly what you say.

Well no, that's not what he said, and given that he doesn't even believe that God exists...

Yes, because it's, sadly, human nature.

And I don't think a discussion could lead to anything if people don't stop mistaking faith for religion or vice versa.

Shouldn't this topic be in Free Your Mind anyway?

As for Scientology, I very much doubt that story. Bono has spoken out against the "churche's" practices and I don't see him being "recruited" to anything.

As for Scientology, I very much doubt that story. Bono has spoken out against the "churche's" practices and I don't see him being "recruited" to anything.

when has he done this? genuinely curious.

it wouldn't surprise me if Bono looked at Scientology, as he's done with lots of other religions in order to learn more about them. anecdotally, i know someone who worked at some buddhist center in Dublin and says he would hang out and meditate from time to time. but he's pretty clear that he's a Christian and believes in the divinity of Christ. full stop.

i'm sure Scientology has helped a lot of people, and i suppose Xenu isn't that much weirder than anything else. i agree that it comes across as really silly for one religion to try to prove itself as more "real" than another -- my talking bush is your virgin birth is your flying up to heaven is your magic glasses -- but a whole lot of Scientology sure seems odd given that there's a ship of indentured servants sailing around the Mediterranean right now looking for L. Ron's hidden treasure.

How does this have to do with anything I've said in this thread?

You where speaking about relgion and war and I drew parallels with what I wrote, its not strange that relgion is behind so many wars when you see what it does to states in the Usa.

As if God himself has killed millions of people. That's exactly what you say.

I dont believe that, but if you are a christian and believe in what the bible says you accept that. And if Bono believes what god has done and still praise him, well that is very strange...
Dwindling In Unbelief: How many has God killed? Complete list and estimated total (Including Apocryphal killings)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom