Bono: U2 won't be back for a while

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Good! they've had a loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong tour, Im sure its all been very exhausting. I dont care if there is a long wait for a new album, if they still go ahead with one - its now time they had their own proper time to themselves to spend with family, etc.

:up:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't he indirectly referring to playing live?

I know the band prefers to tour every album, but you know, with age comes...change.

Because this isn't written in a Q&A format it's hard to know exactly in what context his statement was made. But it seems like the surrounding text is more about the strain of touring.

:yes: I thought he was referring to touring as well.

2013 is still two years away from now.

they have a set pattern- album every 4 years (sometimes a bit less- sometimes a bit longer) with the tours roughly every 4 years as well. I've seen them in 1993, 1997, 2001, 2005, 2009 and 2010- ok the last one broke the pattern- I'm not expecting anything till 2014

but that's ok- am alright having a break from them

If you're surprised, it's your own fault.

/thread

"U2 won't be back for a while"

PASSENGERS!

Oh well.
Original Soundtracks 2: Songs of Ascent. Initially released online with a vinyl pressing released later, jointly produced by Brian Eno and Danger Mouse, and featuring "Every Breaking Wave" as a lead single. :drool::drool::drool::drool::drool:

:sad:

Original Soundtracks 2 would sound too good to be true!
plus they wouldn't have to tour it. easy.

get some rest boys, then come back and blow our minds in a year or two (or three)

maybe in the meantime they could release another 360 DVD or Glastonbury or something to hold us over...don't tell me im dreaming....i will cut you into pieces.

get some rest boys, then come back and blow our minds in a year or two (or three)

maybe in the meantime they could release another 360 DVD or Glastonbury or something to hold us over...don't tell me im dreaming....i will cut you into pieces.

DON'T SAY THREE!! Let's just leave it at a year or two!!!! haha j/k.

I'm really looking forward to the re-release this fall, and yes the documentary looks great. 2011 has been a great year to be a fan! I think we're due for a fallow year next year... as in an entire year where NOTHING exciting happens in the U2 world. A year like 1994, 1996, 1999, 2003 or 2008. No albums, no compilations, no tours, no remasters, probably not even a Passengers side project. Even the Spiderman musical is out of their hands now!

We all know that Bono is a very reliable source of information....

I'm happy to give the band a bit of a rest - put the albums, bootlegs and videos away for awhile and explore some other music a bit. I will, however, in the back of my mind, long to be jumping up and down in an inner circle (or whatever will be next)

I hope they enjoy their break!

I'm certain the band is going to enjoy life, rest and think of a new sound... I had got the impression towards the last leg of the tour that they might have been sick of playing some of the songs off No Line... "Boots" sounded a bit boring, and "Moment of Surrender" started to lose some steam after 2010... Hell "Magnificent" got a remix perhaps to spruce things up...

I'm certain the band is going to enjoy life, rest and think of a new sound... I had got the impression towards the last leg of the tour that they might have been sick of playing some of the songs off No Line... "Boots" sounded a bit boring, and "Moment of Surrender" started to lose some steam after 2010... Hell "Magnificent" got a remix perhaps to spruce things up...

I really doubt they didn't enjoy playing those songs. Perhaps you didn't enjoy them playing those songs...

Oh well. As long as they come back, I'm fine. They could use a break. Come back with a kickass record, one that's better than Achtung Baby and Joshua Tree - COMBINED. :wink::D:hyper:

They need another record. One of epic proportions. Something that will make them want to tour again. It won't be on the grand scale of things... it will be something revolutionary somehow though.

Back
Top Bottom