Bono to write for the New York Times in 2009

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AiRMaRcI9o0

Refugee
Just came across this and didn't see it anywhere else in here....

Bono to write for the New York Times in 2009
Think he'll review U2's new album?
Joe Bosso, Thu 23 Oct, 10:52 pm BST

Bono's got a press pass and he's gonna use it
View in gallery
Bono's got the writing bug in a big way. In addition to finishing U2's upcoming album, No Line On The Horizon, for which he's penned "50 to 60" songs, he'll sit down at his MacBook next year and make some real money - by writing for the New York Times.

As it so happens, Bono will turn in his copy free of charge, according to New York Times editor Andrew Rosenthal. (As if he needs the dough anyway.)

It is said that Bono will crank out between six to ten pieces for the newspaper, ranging on topics from Africa to poverty to the music of Frank Sinatra. All of which sounds fine and good, but if we see a foaming review of the U2 album carrying the byline "MacPhisto," we'll be a tad suspicious.

Bono isn't the only rock star Rosenthal has his eye on for editorial content. He has also expressed an reacquiring the services of Queen guitarist Brian May, who has already contributed articles on astronomy.

Bono to write for the New York Times in 2009 | musicradar.com

So The One Speech turns into the new york times speech for this next tour?

"Everybody Pull out your newspapers from Tuesday March 21st 2009, turn to page 21" :hmm:

Does Bono talk about anything other than Africa, poverty and the music of Frank Sinatra?

Just once, I'd like to see him talk about wealth, Asia and the music of Mel Torme.

Bono said:
Thanks for reading. I’ve enjoyed the week at the service of the FT. The next time I enter the blogosphere it will be about music… far more appropriate for a rockstar.
Can we expect some info on the new music before the New York Times columns then? :hmm:
I hope so for sure but perhaps this isn't part of the blogosphere. Time will tell, I guess.

bono.jpg

Ah shit, this could be embarrassing.

Interesting news. I want Bono to write what he thinks about the new album. :drool:

my god its going to be the simplest crossword puzzle in history

14 down- irish rockstar who wears glasses
15 across- chers onetime partner sonny...
21 down- legal term: pro...
6 across- former NFL Quarterback Steve...

Back
Top Bottom