Bono to perform at concert this friday!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2_Jackie

Refugee
Bono will be performing at the Haiti benefit concert this Friday!!
here's what atu2.com is saying:
"The Associated Press is reporting that Bono will perform at this week's Haiti benefit concert/telethon. George Clooney, who's helping organize the event, apparently mentioned Bono's name while speaking to the AP during tonight's Golden Globe Awards. The benefit is scheduled for next Friday, January 22, and will air on many TV and cable networks. Clooney will co-host it with Wyclef Jean."
MTV will stage the “Hope for Haiti” telethon at 8 p.m. ET Friday.
The two-hour event will air without commercials on ABC, CBS, NBC, Fox, CNN, BET, The CW, HBO, MTV, VH1 and CMT. It will be available as well on MTV Networks International, CNN International and National Geographic channels across the globe.

this is awesome news!!! i can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
smiley-smile.gif

I would assume at least Edge would be there as well? I can't imagine he's going to accompany himself on guitar or anything. Unless he's performing with another artist.

Bono, Timberlake to perform at Haiti benefit

From A&P
BEVERLY HILLS, Calif. – George Clooney says that his planned benefit for victims of the earthquake in Haiti will include performances from Bono, Sting, Justin Timberlake, Christina Aguilera and Alicia Keys.
Speaking to The Associated Press at the Golden Globes ceremony at the Beverly Hilton Hotel, Clooney said that more than 40 celebrities are expected to attend the Jan. 22 event. The actor said the aim of the benefit is "to show the people of Haiti that the whole world is paying attention."
The benefit, which Clooney and Haitian-born singer Wyclef Jean will host, will be broadcast on more than a dozen broadcast and cable networks

I would assume at least Edge would be there as well? I can't imagine he's going to accompany himself on guitar or anything. Unless he's performing with another artist.
hmm maybe when he said bono he was referrig to all of U2? i think they'll all show up maybe?

Yeah, that's what I thought was a little odd - you'd think they'd say U2, which makes me think it won't be the whole band. But who knows. We'll find out soon enough!

Edge will tweet from the Golden Globes "wait, i'll be there too!"

Well, Bono and Edge did write and record a new song for Haiti, so I'm assuming it will be that one. George Clooney said on the Red Carpet of the Golden Globes that all the songs will be available on Itunes the next day.

Well, Bono and Edge did write and record a new song for Haiti, so I'm assuming it will be that one. George Clooney said on the Red Carpet of the Golden Globes that all the songs will be available on Itunes the next day.

Good to hear.

Do we really know that they wrote a new song for Haiti?

The little bit of text that I saw is that they recorded a song, and that "Bono finished his parts"... This could be a cover, collaboration, etc...

Unless you've heard more?

The little bit of text that I saw is that they recorded a song, and that "Bono finished his parts"... This could be a cover, collaboration, etc...

I was going to say the same thing. We have no idea whether or not they wrote anything original. Yes, it's very likely that they recorded something in response to the Haiti situation but I would also suspect that it's very likely this will not be an original U2 song but, like you said, a collaboration or cover.

I was going to say the same thing. We have no idea whether or not they wrote anything original. Yes, it's very likely that they recorded something in response to the Haiti situation but I would also suspect that it's very likely this will not be an original U2 song but, like you said, a collaboration or cover.

"Last night we wrote a song ... Bono got a call from a producer, Swizz. He and Jay-Z wanted to do something for Haiti. So, Bono came up with the phrase on the phone, and last night we were here, we wrote a song -- finished, recorded, and send it back to them. So, that might be the next thing you hear from us!"

http://2fm.rte.ie/show/8

click on "Listen Back" and skip to around 103: in the interview with The Edge right after he talks about Songs Of Ascent. (Jan 16th)
(I just now listened to double check and the quote is correct)

Hmmm, a Jay-Z/Bono collaboration? That could be...interesting. But most likely it will be weird and bad.

Like BVS said, it could be the whole band.

Alot of people just use "Bono" as a word for U2 these days!

I have alot of friends(early 20s range) who like BD and COBL and think U2 are a great and legendary band, but do not know much more.

They certainly think of U2 as Bono and those 3 other guys.

The inaugural concert a year ago started out as just Bono being touted for the event as well, and we know how that ended up.

If I had to bet though, I would say 25% chance all of U2 shows up, and 75% chance of Bono, Edge, Jay-Z and Alicia Keys do the Haiti song in a collaboration. I can tolerate Jay Z, and Alicia Keys is very talented, so ok by me.

Bono will headline with Justin Timberlake:

Sunday night at the 2010 Annual Golden Globes awards show at the Beverly Hilton Hotel, actor and activist George Clooney told reporters performers Bono (of band U2 and humanitarian efforts fame) and Justin Timberlake will headline Friday night’s benefit concert for earthquake relief for Haiti. According to the Associated Press out of Beverly Hills, California, Clooney also noted that the benefit would feature stars such as Sting, Alicia Keys, and Christina Aguilera. George Clooney told the Associated Press he is expecting about forty stars to appear at the benefit on January 22nd, to show their support. Clooney said the real aim of the benefit is “to show the people of Haiti that the whole world is paying attention.” Friday night’s benefit is being co-hosted by George Clooney and Wyclef Jean, a Hatian-born singer (who started out with Lauryn Hill and the Fugees before going solo); the Haitian earthquake benefit will be shown on more than a dozen broadcast and cable networks.

Haiti Benefit to Feature Bono and Justin Timberlake | CMR

Spies outside the rehearsals tell me that Bono and Justin are doing a duet on "Bye, Bye, Bye" by N'Suck.

Hmm, maybe Bono and Wyclef will polish up "New Day" with some reworked lyrics for Haiti? :hmm:

"Midnight... Port-Au-Prince streets
She can't sleep cos' she's afraid to dream
Ten years old, my Haitian rose
You've seen things you never should have seen"

Back
Top Bottom