Bono to perform at concert this friday!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I downloaded the album from Amazon last night. Love the studio version of "Stranded" more than the live version! The song is kind of stuck in my head.

^ Sorry I'm not lu but yes there are. You get both the live and studio versions (of Stranded). All the songs are the live versions and you also get the Stranded studio version.

It's ok. The best part is Rihanna's "mon amour" hook.

Not enough Bono in the mix, live or studio.

And this feels more like Jay Z and Rihanna featuring Bono (how about an actual verse?) than a real collaboration.

Edge is plugging his vintage sounds yet again.

Edge's guitar is giving the song a "U2" vibe. I agree about Bono being not really present in the song but since they wrote this piece together I'd still consider it a collaboration. I don't have anything against Jay-Z featuring Bono and Edge. This is not a U2 project. I don't like Rihanna and wish Bono would have had at least a verse of his own, but I guess he decided to stay in the background, that's ok.

I guess there's a Bono verse in the studio version ...

Rihanna's "my tomorrow...can't wait until tomorrow...heey...Haiti mi amor...Haiti mon amour" chorus is by far the best part of the song, wish they'd done more with it than just add the cliche line like "we're not gonna leave you stranded".

Yeah I wonder why Bono not only stepped away from the mic a lot during the chorus, but didn't sing his verse, its the most poetic moment in the song.

I got the vibe that he was staying back during the telethon, but it would have lent more emotion to the performance to have that verse.

I got the vibe that he simply forgot the lyrics! I mean, c'mon, that's the Bono we all know and love! :lol:

What's there to forget? I don't think he had anything to do with the rap part, and the chorus isn't that hard to remember. On the studio version, he's at least singing the middle 8.

Yeah, the whole performance was just awkward and disappointing. If it wasn't that he forgot how the song went (not impossible----I mean cmon, jay-z friggin emailed his portion of the song....who knows how many times they did it live together first), then Bono simply felt weird and chickened out.....which I'd like not to think is what happened. To really think that he was just being a generous, nice guy and "let" Rihanna and Jay-Z do 99% of the song? Why bother getting on the stage?

Yeah, the whole performance was just awkward and disappointing. If it wasn't that he forgot how the song went (not impossible----I mean cmon, jay-z friggin emailed his portion of the song....who knows how many times they did it live together first), then Bono simply felt weird and chickened out.....which I'd like not to think is what happened. To really think that he was just being a generous, nice guy and "let" Rihanna and Jay-Z do 99% of the song? Why bother getting on the stage?

I don't think so. I don't know what are you talking about and what do you want. I think that whole performance was good and Bono was great. I know you have your opinion but I have mine. So .. ;)

I don't think so. I don't know what are you talking about and what do you want. I think that whole performance was good and Bono was great. I know you have your opinion but I have mine. So .. ;)

dude, I love Bono and hate to knock him, but I can't see how you can say that he was great when he 1). barely sang, 2). absolutely couldn't be heard when he did sing (live, not studio), and 3). did his 50-year-old white man's version of hip-hop body swaying next to people who know how to do it. :shrug:

what I'd like is for Bono to sing loudly and clearly when he sings, as well as to stay the hell away from bubblegum hip-hop.

dude, I love Bono and hate to knock him, but I can't see how you can say that he was great when he 1). barely sang, 2). absolutely couldn't be heard when he did sing (live, not studio), and 3). did his 50-year-old white man's version of hip-hop body swaying next to people who know how to do it. :shrug:

what I'd like is for Bono to sing loudly and clearly when he sings, as well as to stay the hell away from bubblegum hip-hop.

Alright, alright :) I don't suspect you that you don't like Bono. Look: 1) he sang but Rihanna sang louder, I think it was alright, 2) I can hear him, but 3) I must agree with you.. Bono should stay far away from hip hop. I don't like that kind of music but I like Stranded (Haiti Mon Amour)

Alright, alright :) I don't suspect you that you don't like Bono. Look: 1) he sang but Rihanna sang louder, I think it was alright, 2) I can hear him, but 3) I must agree with you.. Bono should stay far away from hip hop. I don't like that kind of music but I like Stranded (Haiti Mon Amour)

Ok, truce! :wink:

By and far, the knock-you-socks-off performance from that night was actually "Hallelujah" by Justin Timberlake and Matt Morris. Totally unexpected and awesome.

I listened to the studio version of Stranded on headphones yesterday and it's so much better than the live version, you can hear much more of Bono and the arrangement is much better.

Back
Top Bottom