Bono to perform at concert this friday!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hmm, maybe Bono and Wyclef will polish up "New Day" with some reworked lyrics for Haiti? :hmm:

"Midnight... Port-Au-Prince streets
She can't sleep cos' she's afraid to dream
Ten years old, my Haitian rose
You've seen things you never should have seen"

i don't know if it's possible to vomit and laugh at the same time, but we may find out if this goes down.

With the gold in your mouth,Hat turned sideways,Pants hit the ground
Call yourself a cool cat,Lookin’ like a fool
Walkin’ downtown with your pants on the ground
Get it up, hey!
Get your pants off the ground
:drool:

With the gold in your mouth,Hat turned sideways,Pants hit the ground
Call yourself a cool cat,Lookin’ like a fool
Walkin’ downtown with your pants on the ground
Get it up, hey!
Get your pants off the ground
:drool:

Shaun Vox makes his reappearance on the forum with Pants On the Ground! :lol: I love it. :up:

I can't wait to see what a tizzy this forum goes into when/if

1: this Haiti song isn't that good
2: he duets One with somebody
3: he "sells out" by performing with somebody else even for charity.

how did T.O. say it a few years back? getcha popcorn ready.

how did T.O. say it a few years back? getcha popcorn ready.

I'm not really expecting it to be "good." It'll need to appeal to as many people as possible, so I'm sure it'll be bland and pop-ish/adult contemporary. :shrug:

I don't think people have (or should not have) high expectations for these types of charity or pride songs. We are the World, America's song, Do They Know It's Christmas are par for the course in this category.

But remember what they did for charity after 9/11 concert for heroes.

This 'Peace on earth'/'Walk On-hallelujah' performance was AMAZING.

The same for that Omagh Tribute, when they performed 'North and South'

Ok, all songs they already had, but they were amazing performances!

I'm secretly hoping their song blows away the crowd and gets great reviews if for nothing else than to prove to them that they can write and record good material quickly and have it go over well instead of making us wait years on end all the time.

I'm secretly hoping their song blows away the crowd and gets great reviews if for nothing else than to prove to them that they can write and record good material quickly and have it go over well instead of making us wait years on end all the time.

I don't think that a charity project necessarily needs good reviews.

do we know for sure that they're playing the new song?

yeah, i also interpreted Tim's comment differently, last unicorn.

New song or not, great to have a performance and someone please ask them, where is SOA and the news, it's getting to be late Jan and I'm getting nervous!!! You'd have to have pre-hype in Feb. wouldn't you, cmon guys!!!!! :hyper:

New song or not, great to have a performance and someone please ask them, where is SOA and the news, it's getting to be late Jan and I'm getting nervous!!! You'd have to have pre-hype in Feb. wouldn't you, cmon guys!!!!! :hyper:

if you follow the pattern of news from when NLOTH was released, there's a chance we won't have any concrete news for another 2 months.....if the album comes out in June (or at all). NLOTH was released at the end of February/early March, and it wasn't until Xmas 2008 that Q Magazine first gave us song titles.

It would be a big surprise if they would not play the new song written especially for Haiti.

It would be a big surprise if they would not play the new song written especially for Haiti.

i think it all depends on the atmosphere of the gig. if it's every artist playing their greatest hits to keep viewers watching (the more viewers, the more donations), then i could see U2 playing "One" or "Pride" or something like that.

Viewers may stop watching just for seeing Bono's face for the umpeenth time :wink:

Perhaps a combination of the new song and One ?

Back
Top Bottom