Bono Stars in New Remake of Bob Marley's Songs for "Playing for Change"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jamila

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
I really hope that y'all will like this remake of Bob Marley's songs "War/No More Trouble". :wink:

"Playing for Change" musicians came through Austin TX last month for the SXSW music festival & I got to talk with several of them & was told that Bono was a financial supporter of this idea to use music to bring people together around the globe.

Good idea, B-man. :cute:

I hope that you'll support this effort too.~

YouTube - Premiere: "War/No More Trouble" Playing for Change

Playing For Change is a movement to connect the world through music. Sign up for exclusive content, news and updates from hundreds of musicians and students around the globe at Playing For Change | Peace Through Music

The Playing For Change: Songs Around The World CD/DVD is available now at amazon.com: http://.com/c6mhgd

The act of playing music with people of different cultures, religions, economics and politics is a powerful statement. It shows that we can find ways of working together and sharing our experiences with one another in a positive way. Music has the power to break down the walls between cultures, to raise the level of human understanding.
~ Mark Johnson, founder, Playing for Change

:applaud:

Thanks for all the great comments so far on this video - it is a truly beautiful combination of voices & musical traditions. :love:

Rocky Dawuni is a very well-known musician in his homeland of Ghana & is familiar to those who are (RED) supporters as he works closely with (RED) on outreach projects.

His rendition of Bob's songs are also quite stirring & evocative of the "Tuff Gong".:up:

I had noticed that on some of the comments on YouTube after this song that people were really ragging on Bono (as they normally do).

I just thought that to do that sort of Bono bashing after this song was in poor taste.

Evidently those people have never read the lyrics of these two Marley songs. Pathetic people in this world.

:bonodrum::heart::heart::hug:

It used to be we always heard about a collaboration like this well before it actually gets released, now it just seems like it's out and then we find out... it's kinda nice that way.

I love how Bono just keeps putting himself out there and does the things he believes in...he knows he is going to get a lot of flack from a lot of people and people will put him down, but he does it anyway...he is fearless. Wish everyone lived that way and was not afraid to stand up for what they believe in and not be weak and just follow the crowd.

That video was awesome...I loved it.

It's really a good idea to just never read YouTube comments. Save yourself the internet rage.

Actually we have known about it for a while though, Playing for Change has been part of the Red Wire issues for a while now. I saw this video about a month ago :)

Actually we have known about it for a while though, Playing for Change has been part of the Red Wire issues for a while now. I saw this video about a month ago :)

Really? :shrug: I'm not on Red Wire(don't you have to be a member?)...

I would have thought some of the other websites or someone here would have mentioned something.

You people are dropping the ball!!! :madwife:

I love how Bono just keeps putting himself out there and does the things he believes in...he knows he is going to get a lot of flack from a lot of people and people will put him down, but he does it anyway...he is fearless. Wish everyone lived that way and was not afraid to stand up for what they believe in and not be weak and just follow the crowd.

That video was awesome...I loved it.

I really like that aspect of Bono too, believer75. It shows that he does things from his Heart & Soul and really doesn't care too much in the long run how others perceive him.

That's a very healthy way to live your life. :wink:

As for the YouTube comments, corianderstem, I accept what you're saying & I'm not upset about the comments because the same sort of comments follow Bono wherever he goes & whatever he does, so the comments really are not worth my time to worry about.

I just thought that to leave comments like that after two songs that plead for people to stop the hating and learn to get along with others really showed a lack of respect for Marley & a lot of ignorance.

"What we need is Love" :sexywink:

Really? :shrug: I'm not on Red Wire(don't you have to be a member?)...

I would have thought some of the other websites or someone here would have mentioned something.

You people are dropping the ball!!! :madwife:

I thought it was mentioned somewhere sorry! :reject: I think you can sign up for just a few issues of RedWire at a time, but you don't know what will be in each issue, like a magazine. Sometimes they are discussed in the Red thread... but that's in Pleba so not everyone looks there I guess :uhoh:
Actually I'm looking thru my issues now trying to find it but I can't, so I'm trying to find where I saw it.

Right bonocomet - this project has been around for a few years and yes, I received the (RED) Wire edition with the song from "Playing for Change"

but the CD was just released and the YouTube videos also which is why I'm posting about them today.

:sexywink:

That's weird. I've got every Red Wire issue and didn't receive this video. What issue was it in?

Right bonocomet - this project has been around for a few years and yes, I received the (RED) Wire edition with the song from "Playing for Change"

but the CD was just released and the YouTube videos also which is why I'm posting about them today.

:sexywink:

Oh yeah it's cool :up: (It's available at Starbucks by the way too!)
I'm trying to find where this video was seen before, was it from RedWire or somewhere else? I know it was somewhere... I screencapped it :shifty:

That's weird. I've got every Red Wire issue and didn't receive this video. What issue was it in?

Yeah that's what I'm trying to figure out... the Playing for Change vid is a different one... :hmm: so I'm trying to figure out where this one was.

There was a "Playing for Change" song in the first edition of (RED) Wire, ramblin rose. I don't remember this video ever showing up in (RED)Wire.:cute:

Ok sorry it wasn't in a RedWire issue after all, but I checked my files and it shows that I downloaded this video on March 26, 2009, it's possible it was from the Playing For Change site, I have been signed up to receive updates from them for awhile. ANYways, glad everyone is seeing it now. I'll be picking up the CD to check out the rest of the music. :)

Beautiful :heart:

Is there an audio file somewhere? I'm thinking about getting the whole album. Does anyone have it? What is it like?

Back
Top Bottom