Bono Solo Performance for "So Cruel"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think that both So Cruel and The Fly were rough, but the passion was fantastic. In the interview, Bono talks about when they were crap and great and the danger that the band could now become merely very good. These two performances were both great and crap at the same time and I dig that.

P.S. Anyone got high quality Mp3s of the 2 new live songs? I'd love some Noahlot@gmail.com

yeah, this may be the only great stuff we get a while, and I thought it was brilliant!
does anyone have mp3s for us less intelligent folks?

He doesn't screw them up, but he still has that annoying habit of strumming as fast as he can during random moments. And, I don't know, but something about his vocals isn't doing it for me at this moment in U2's history. It's just a little 2 minute offering, so no biggie, but I feel these days that Bono is trying vocally to compensate for lost range (oversinging, if you will). I think his voice is still fantastic for a 51 year old, so he can just relax a bit and less the voice come out natural and with less "Ah-Ah-Ah's" and mannerisms, etc.

Please lets not be cynical. It's the Christmas holidays. Bono's range is fine and intact.

BTW some people prefer high pitched voices like The Edge. There was a comment from this year's David Latterman appearance on Youtube when they did an impromptu version of SIAMYCGOO. Apparantly Edge is a better singer than Bono on that track

Back
Top Bottom